Sponsored links

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...s?page=228
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Dolphin, Project64 and PCSXR have a more unified 3D rendering system, while PCSX2 / PS2 doesn't.

We do what we can in regards to HUD though.

The only solution is to find the 2D HUD and squish it 25% horizontally, but I'm not an expert at that.

On some occasions, the HUD becomes fixed too, like Clock Tower 3.
(03-07-2014, 08:12 AM)jesalvein Wrote: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...s?page=228

Link me when there is a HUD fix for widescreen in that way...
There wont

(03-07-2014, 09:02 AM)devina40 Wrote: Dolphin, Project64 and PCSXR have a more unified 3D rendering system, while PCSX2 / PS2 doesn't.

We do what we can in regards to HUD though.

The only solution is to find the 2D HUD and squish it 25% horizontally, but I'm not an expert at that.

On some occasions, the HUD becomes fixed too, like Clock Tower 3.

When you anamorphically squeeze it doesn't stretch back out proper because the game still thinks the texture is large and starting from the end texture pixels when now its smaller... sorry kinda hard to explain. and has it even been attempted or is this just one of those "no we don't want to, its good the way it is" kinda things.

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST. Wont let me delete it even if there is an option for it...
You conveniently left out that the unified WS hack mentioned in the OP also leads to missing geometry and pop-in artifacts on virtually all games, while the PCSX2 method, in most cases does not.

This looks like a common case of "the grass is greener on the other side" as I quite often see users on the dolphin forums requesting that they implement their WS hack as we do ours.
(03-07-2014, 09:54 PM)peronmls Wrote: Link me when there is a HUD fix for widescreen in that way...
There wont
oh, didn't get the HUD thing. Sorry.
(03-07-2014, 11:49 PM)Asmodean Wrote: You conveniently left out that the unified WS hack mentioned in the OP also leads to missing geometry and pop-in artifacts on virtually all games, while the PCSX2 method, in most cases does not.

This looks like a common case of "the grass is greener on the other side" as I quite often see users on the dolphin forums requesting that they implement their WS hack as we do ours.

I know but is it not possible to implement something in the HW Hacks since maybe some game can show more.
(03-08-2014, 02:30 PM)peronmls Wrote: I know but is it not possible to implement something in the HW Hacks since maybe some game can show more.

Quite hard to do because we would roughly have to implement an hardware hack per game. there is no general rule, unfortunately.
(03-08-2014, 03:47 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Quite hard to do because we would roughly have to implement an hardware hack per game. there is no general rule, unfortunately.

I don't think so. Again not comparing to other emulator BUT they can do it without having hacks per game. Surely something simple can be added for experimental reasons.