0.9.6 release emulates slower than previous version?
I wanted to know if anyone else here has seen a slower emulation with the new release than the previous one? I have been using PCSX2 for quite a while, and I recently updated my graphics card, hoping to see an improvement. For example... I ran DBZ budokai 3 and got a good 18 to 25 fps emulation on this system spec.

CPU= AMD Sempron SL-1250 2.32ghz (MMX SSE2 SSE3 3DNow, 3DNow2)
Graphics= Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 256mb (drivers current)
Ram= 1gig
Audio= Realtek HD
OS= WinXP Home

Now with this new version and the new specs, (*same emu settings), I have seen DBZ only hit at most 7 fps and FFX wont load at all. Here are my specs now...

CPU= AMD Sempron SL-1250 2.32ghz (MMX SSE2 SSE3 3DNow, 3DNow2)
Graphics= Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS 512mb (drivers current)
Ram= 2gig
Audio= Realtek HD
OS= WinXP Home

I have tried going through all the official setting posts again and nothing seems to work. I have all backround processes reduced as stable as OS possible in addition. Is it possible that some GPU's just aren't being supported for some reason when checking DX Hardware? Or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Sponsored links

(03-13-2009, 03:27 PM)Twinreaper Wrote: CPU= AMD Sempron SL-1250 2.32ghz (MMX SSE2 SSE3 3DNow, 3DNow2)----Maybe Weak...is this a dual core?
Graphics= Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS 512mb-------Fair but the current AMD might not handle that power of this GPU.
Ram= 2gig---Good
Audio= Realtek HD---n/a
OS= WinXP Home---SP1 or SP2 or SP3????

i think you need to change the CPU this more likely not commonly use on intense PC games including the emulator.
that 8400 GS is likely gapping the cpu.

@Luis
is Sempron is dual-core???
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Some games are slow in 0.9.6 but others are fast enough,
Sempron is not dual core.
In previous playground versions tekken5 ran at 80% full speed on my system now it runs at 70-75% full speed.
It's perfectly normal that the new version runs very bad on your hardware.
The emulation is more complete now, and that costs some speed.
It seems that your years old stuff is more affected than recent hardware, sorry about that Tongue2
You need a new CPU, badly.
@Twinreaper: lets we see about your specs, your cpu is single core , old Gpu FX 5500 is 128bit, new Gpu 8400GS is 64bit= useless upgrade. So this is make any sense to you.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
that 8400gs is 128bit, I have one too. but the single CPu, yea, that bogs down the emulator quite a bit.
@saiki : are you sure? See this http://www.mwave.com/Mwave/viewspec_v2.a...ia=5114922 , and this http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_8400.html .
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
hm.. ok so I can't read my own hardware specs.. guess I got it confused with another one.
Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah I know I need a new CPU but I cant afford it since I got laid off 3 months ago, with no job in sight. Food for kids outweights PC upgrades. As for GPU, it handles prettty intense new release cpu games pretty well,(crysis warhead at 32fps full detail) so going by that, I can't see it slowing down any emulation. If anyone has a spare CPU I'll take it! LOLTongue I did forget to mention that I did have the CPU oc'd at 3.3 instead of the stock 2.3. But since my PC has a Kingston value RAM 1gig stick and a Crucial 1gig stick, I get mixed OC'ing when I put the CPU up. I guess I could just remove the kingston one and run off 1gig with 3.2. Do you guys think that would help any?