0.9.6 vs 1888?
So it seems if someone has an issue with any game people recommend using beta 1888. Is it supposed to be better? I just tried ffxii today on the beta and was getting pretty good fps, 80-90% average but all of a sudden it wouldn't start the game any more, just go to a black screen. I tried 0.9.6 and not only did I get about a 10% speed boost, the game loaded fine! Now I get 95-100% speed during normal gameplay, 100% during normal video scenes, and 90% during the high detail scenes. Heres my settings if anyone cares to have a look

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

we;; ffxii is one of the games the pcsx2 can emulate perfect. if u get crashes then it must be something with your pc/programms or maybe the speedhacks u use ^^
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Pretty simple, the Beta is more updated, so if a person encounters problems with a game, it is recommended to try the latest version because the problem might be fixed already.

Keep in mind that because it is more updated, much, much code is added causing some speed lost. You still get the option to use speed hacks though which could give you about the same, if not more speed boost compared to 0.9.6. Until the devs finish optimizing the code, your only option is to use r1888 or above with speed hacks or use 0.9.6 if speed is an issue for you.
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
That could definitely be it, I didn't feel like changing them at the time incase I messed up my config that works decent... Although there are screen captures lol. When I try a game though I usually try it on both versions with similar settings just to compare
well... 0.9.6 is way slower than r1888 because they have made 1888 way faster without speedhacks.... i got that game and in 0.9.6 i cant run it at playable speeds but in 1888 it runs reallyyyy fast in compare with 0.9.6
that code that is more updated actually is the reason 1888 is faster in allmost any game than 0.9.6 .
as i said or something is wrong with your pc (software probably) or u do something wrong with the 1888....
also dont use similar settings speed hacks are different in those versions.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
I don't think anythings wrong wrong with my pc, its brand new.
I have an Dell Inspiron 560 with windows 7 home 64 bit
Intel core 2 quad q8300 2.50GHz
4gb ram
ATI Radeon HD 5450 with 1gb ram
directx version 11
i didnt say there is something with your hardware!!!! read again
I didn't say hardware... I was listing my specs for you.

"as i said or something is wrong with your pc (software probably) or u do something wrong with the 1888...."
but when is say there is probably something wrong with your software and u give me your pc's specs on hardware what else could i think?! all that i meant is that maybe programs u have installed have problems working good or files in windows might be corrupted or have viruses or many many things. if someone is really stupid can kill his pc in just 1 day Laugh. btw if u get problems in the ntfs all the time or u cont boot and need to restore to a previous time often or in general corrupted files or incomplete downloads or blue screen's etc it maybe is your mother board (my previous did that and was brand new, it was very difficult to locate the problem) or your ram's (yep if a ram has problems it can destroy your pc very easy and only special programs like prime95 can tell u if its ok or not!) ofc maybe nothing of these are happening in your pc (and i hope for it) but u can never know when only a part can be a little buggy! be sure to test your pc as much as u can in heavy testing programs to see if u have a problem in hardware or keep an eye in what u download/install cause it maybe creates the problem. (sorry for writing all those lol but i hope someone else will also see them as a reference! )