0.9.7 BIOS Problem
Hey, guys. I dumped the BIOS from my PS2, but whenever I try to load it (Config -> Plugin/BIOS Selector), the emulator freezes up. I don't see any messages in the Terminal and have no idea what I'm doing wrong. And before anyone asks, all of my plugins are fine, it's just the BIOS that's giving me issues. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

I think i'm close to fixing this issue, going to uPdate it soon
(07-28-2012, 06:47 PM)zedr0n Wrote: I think i'm close to fixing this issue, going to uPdate it soon

I got the BIOS to load, but now, the sound plugin doesn't seem to work, and I cannot modify the keys corresponding to the DS controller's buttons. Any ideas? Again, thanks in advance.
(07-29-2012, 12:04 AM)awesome613 Wrote: I got the BIOS to load, but now, the sound plugin doesn't seem to work, and I cannot modify the keys corresponding to the DS controller's buttons. Any ideas? Again, thanks in advance.

Not sure if PCSX2 is compitable with anything else than the good old keyboard... Anyways, about the sound plugin, try to uncheck the "mute" box, it is checked by default XD
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
Thanks for the help! Almost everything is working, but I still cannot for the life of me either modify the keys corresponding to the buttons or connect my DS3 controller.
EDIT: I can get through to the edit screen for controller settings (Configure PAD, I am using "OnePAD [libonepad]"), but no matter how I try to redefine inputs, the software will not save my new settings and will immediately revert to what it was before the changes. Input would be greatly appreciated.
EDIT2: Okay, figured out what the problem is. The window is too large for the screen to accomodate, but I cannot pull up the bottom of the screen (where the okay button is located) up to an accessible location. Any tips?
EDIT3: It took me a long while, but I finally got it. Laugh
(07-28-2012, 05:11 PM)awesome613 Wrote: Hey, guys. I dumped the BIOS from my PS2, but whenever I try to load it (Config -> Plugin/BIOS Selector), the emulator freezes up. I don't see any messages in the Terminal and have no idea what I'm doing wrong. And before anyone asks, all of my plugins are fine, it's just the BIOS that's giving me issues. Thanks in advance!

Mine freezes when I try to select the BIOS too. I can't figure it out. What did you figure out? I take it you can see the BIOS in the menu, but when you click apply or OK then...basically nothing happens?
(08-11-2012, 05:18 PM)hainsay Wrote: Mine freezes when I try to select the BIOS too. I can't figure it out. What did you figure out? I take it you can see the BIOS in the menu, but when you click apply or OK then...basically nothing happens?

So, you are saying that your PCSX2 just freezes when you try to select BIOS?
I found that you just have to try a bunch of times until it works. Still running into the segmentation fault, though (unrelated to BIOS).
(08-11-2012, 08:20 PM)awesome613 Wrote: I found that you just have to try a bunch of times until it works. Still running into the segmentation fault, though (unrelated to BIOS).

well, as I said earlier, I dont think there is a fix for the segmentation fault. And for me, the cause is unknown
post a link to bios for we can see and download it