0.9.7 - Dragon Quest VIII - Setup Suggestions
0.9.7 goes all out different. I am unsure if there is even much configuration that can be done.

I have not enabled frameskip yet, but any ideas for a setup would help. Or, what I could provide on my end - I am unsure what is important this early in development.

Sidenote: Aside from official releases, does anyone compile nightly builds a la Dolphin?

Sponsored links

We're very far in development, and DQ8 works perfectly for some time now.

That being said, what exactly is your problem? Tongue2
(06-07-2010, 09:00 AM)rama Wrote: We're very far in development, and DQ8 works perfectly for some time now.

That being said, what exactly is your problem? Tongue2

When did I say you weren't far in development? And I know DQ8 works perfectly, which is why I made this thread.

I get slowdown in DQ8. The game itself is fine, but it is mainly slowdown that I am dealing with. What speeds the game up?

Now, you can say "Your PC isn't fast enough", but there is a huge speedup increase from 0.9.6 to 0.9.7 - especially in God Hand and Dark Cloud II (haven't tried anything else yet lol) so I assume emulation techniques can speed the game up as well.
(06-07-2010, 06:13 PM)belomeclone Wrote: When did I say you weren't far in development?

Right when you said "I am unsure what is important this early in development." Tongue

Quote:I get slowdown in DQ8. The game itself is fine, but it is mainly slowdown that I am dealing with. What speeds the game up?

PC specs? PCSX2 settings? What kind of slowdowns?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Well, I meant, the development of the new GUI, as far as it being released to the public recently, and that I don't know what settings are important under it.

My PC Specs, I got a Q6600, a 4850, 4 gigs of ram. And, like I said, what PCSX2 settings do you want?

And, when there are more people on screen, it tends to slow down. Also, the King's speech more than anyone else's tends to be slower than normal. But, it's just it can go slow in general. Battles don't seem to fair well. It seems to have complexity with some animations (like, I was facing a rabbit and two cats. Killing the rabbit sped things up considerably, killing one of the cats did nothing.)
I don't want to be "that guy" who bumps a thread... but.... bump.
Yeah, your CPU is too slow currently. A 3Ghz dual core is recommended
but you only have a 2.4Ghz quadcore (the 2 extra cores are useless for PCSX2).

Option 1: Try to fix the worst slowdowns with speedhacks.
Option 2: Overclock the CPU, if you feel up to it Tongue2
I try overclocking, but all I seem to be able to do is change the timings, not the speed.
I wanna ask too what settings you are using for DQ8 because for me it doesn't work perfectly...Whenever I'm at flashbacks all i see is brown background with some black spots and lines....here's a screenshot....

[img][Image: pcsx2error.jpg]
@OP:This game is very gpu heavy, are you already using native?