0.9.7 Memory Card Filenames and other issues
Information 
With the new release, you seem to be unable to manually select a memory card so if you renamed memory cards, they will not show up for use. You are unable to drag and drop a memory card file that is undetected by PCSX2 to add it to the list. Are there any plans to change this for future releases or am I missing how to do this without changing the names back to Mcd00*.ps2? It couldn't be too hard to auto detect all .*ps2 files in the folder right? Granted, there may be other issues with the memory manager as well. I tried to swap one memory card over another by dragging and dropping and it ended up deleting the other memory card entirely. Not quite sure what happened there and I haven't tried to duplicate this yet. These things don't seem to be an included "known issue" in the read me so figured I'd ask here.

0.9.7.3113 official beta

Sponsored links

Yes, known. The memorycard manager was rushed out the door at the last minute before release, and I had to keep it simple to avoid having even more totally off-the-wall UI bugs. Next beta will have an improved one.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
@Syntonic: As a workaround, try creating subfolders with the game's name and creating the MCDs there, it's easy to create and format them. Now just points the path to the desired game in the extremely userfriendly GUI Smile

That should do the trick until a more practical solution is given.

@Air, What about internally 'translating' whatever xxx.ps2 to respective MCD format, some standard in the names can be created to identify it as Mcd001 or 2.
Imagination is where we are truly real
You could just change the name of the card in the .ini file to use another card.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(06-29-2010, 10:25 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: You could just change the name of the card in the .ini file to use another card.

Just out of curiosity I tried it with the official beta and it worked, but not with the SVN because the GUI can't see it and so the bios. renaming them again let it in disabled state in the GUI until enabling by hand.

I don't know the reasons behind the new approach, maybe it's because the Auto-eject mechanism for the memory protection.

Just speculating, Air may give us the correct answer. Until now I thought it was the bios itself forcing the names.

Still, changing the name in to the ini is more complicated than just creating defaults under different subfolders (named as wish) and navigating to that folder when changing games... the disadvantage being one can't say the difference outside the folder just by looking at the file name.
Well I don't see why you may need many different cards really so I thought the .ini was a better approach if you just need to switch between 2 or 3 Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(06-29-2010, 07:54 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Well I don't see why you may need many different cards really so I thought the .ini was a better approach if you just need to switch between 2 or 3 Tongue

Actually I'd love to give proper names to memory cards, to much easer to identify Smile

But I think there is a good reason it is not implemented that way although I can't say WTH the reason is.
Custom named memorycards are supported via the .ini fine. They're just not supported via the User Interface yet. This is because doing a nice, neat, and bug free implementation of such a feature requires quite a bit of "sanity" checking, which is making sure filenames and other things are valid in order to avoid crashes, programic explosions, trying to load multiple slots with a single memcard, or other general unwanted behavior.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team