0.9.8 is out people!
Slower in comparison to what sorry?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

The overall fps compared to previous svn revision (r45xx). If one game is slower, the rest will be too, at least in theory. Also, how do I increase the memory card size to 64MB? I only get 8MB now.
when you go in to Config->Memory Cards then click on "Create New" it gives you the option to make a 64mb card there Smile

hmm, nothing which would have affected the speed has been done in the last 100 revisions, the recent gsdx changes were excluded from the release.

Wouldn't it be better if pcsx2 0.9.8 comes with 64MB after you formatted the memory cards? Just an suggestion.

Edit: Nevermind, I see why you guys put 8mb as the default setting.
yeh, 64mb isnt very compatible Tongue2, 32mb even has problems. 8mb is very compatible.

They are unlimited anyway, so you can have a million 8mb cards Tongue

I'm assuming for someone like me who has been updating reguarly with the SVN revisions, i wont notice any difference in switching to an official release in terms of performance/compatibility, seeing as ( i assume) that this is just all these SVN updates compiled into an official release?...

Thnx for the hard work though, much appreciated.
System:

Fractal Meshify C Dark Tint
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi
Intel i9 9900K (5Ghz 1.335vlts)
BeQuiet Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler
32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 DDR4
EVGA RTX 2080
512Gb Gigabyte NVMe SSD (Boot Drive)
1Tb Crucial NVMe SSD (Games)
2Tb Seagate HD (Steam)
3Tb Seagate HD (Media)
6Tb Seagate HD (Backup, External)
Corsair 850w RMX Gold PSU
(05-01-2011, 05:32 PM)ThEoUtCaSt Wrote: I'm assuming for someone like me who has been updating reguarly with the SVN revisions, i wont notice any difference in switching to an official release in terms of performance/compatibility, seeing as ( i assume) that this is just all these SVN updates compiled into an official release?...

Thnx for the hard work though, much appreciated.

Pretty much nail on the head there yeah Tongue

Hey guys im kinda newbie here and i am having so issues im trying to get Final Fantasy XII to work on my PC but it keeps running at fps:20 tops during gameplay but at fps 60 during videos or story dialogue... i am using native settings.. any suggestions as in Emulation settings? like EE/IOP VU and GS? should i use speed hacks.. thank you .-. and please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post im new x-x also will instaling the new .98 verison help me at all ?

Specs:
2 Intel Pentium D 3.4GHz processors
Ram : 0.99 GB
Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family (Intel GMA 3000)
I am using .97 verison of PCSX2

Games tested Final Fantasy XII PS2 Disc

Okay, it was my fault. I had 5-10 + lower fps because I had a bunch of videos opened in firefox tabs and it was minimized, so I didn't noticed that!

Pcsx2 0.9.8 is perfect so far.

4GB of DDR2 ram and 2GB of vRam (video card memory), so how can this lower my fps in pcsx2? It shouldn't affect the fps at all. How strange.
For linux PPA. I'm sorry but the server are a bit overload so it would take hours before PCSX2 hits your repository be patient.