1.4.0 : Force 60hz on PAL?
(01-17-2016, 12:47 AM)PCSX2PS2 Wrote: I just use constant frameskipping at 1/2 or 2/2 to get better speed with tab button pressed.

Stop recommending that and do some research that doesn't help anything for 99.99% of people.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

It works for me and i get a good speed in games i had.
As the name suggests , Frame skipping skips some of the rendered frames which would give quite a bad experience for the users. are you sure you don't see the difference in having frame skipping enabled / disabled ?
Yes there is a lot difference as while playing dbz bt3 when the opponent came close the frames are skipped and i don't know when the opponent came closer. But still play at that.
(01-17-2016, 02:30 AM)PCSX2PS2 Wrote: Yes there is a lot difference as while playing dbz bt3 when the opponent came close the frames are skipped and i don't know when the opponent came closer. But still play at that.

yeah, gotta agree there. last time I tried frame skipping on Dragon Ball Z BT3 it did work nice on my Core2Duo without much side effect but you can't ensure this case for all the games. some games are just broken up when using Frame Skipping , I suggest you also try Frame skipping on other games and compare them to how it worked with BT3.

Regardless it does effectively speed up the rendering process as there are only few frames to render, the game is synced up and only proper when it reproduces the exact intended Frames per Second which the game developers intended to use. also many people prefer it that way and don't want to skip the rendered frames as it would decrease the level of smoothness and turn the gameplay into an nightmare. you'd probably like DBZ:BT3 running at full speed (without frame skipping) when you have decent hardware to run it instead of relying on Frame skipping Wink

also not sure why you're suggesting your Frame skipping idea here since the thread was mainly about how to limit the FPS on PAL games. he never asked anyone how to speed up the game....

Either way, I highly recommend you to stop suggesting Frame Skipping for users as that wouldn't speed up the game nicely as intended by the guys who are asking for support.
Ok i will try it with another games.
Try to uncheck "Preset" in "Config ยป Emulation Settings", close emu then edit the file again. Works for me.