1.6 release preparation
Dears PCSX2's Users/Developers,

1.4 release is already more than 1 year old. I think it is time to prepare the future 1.6 PCSX2 release. The greatest of all times Smile

I'm sure we can use all helps to have a very good release. Feel free to help. However any TROLL will be killed, or any dumb post Wink

Freeze target is Sunday 28th May 2017.
Test period 4/6 weeks.

1.6 Actions
* [ ] Status of current 1.6 Github issue
* [ ] Status of 1.6 Github pull request
* [ ] Mark/Discuss of any issue that should be included in 1.6 Github (hopefully none)
* [ ] Update doc/man
* [ ] Update patches (widescreen)
* [ ] Q&A status (Coverity/cppcheck/warning)
* [ ] Huge changelog
* [ ] Linux binary release ? Or rely only on distribution/ppa ?
* [ ] Extensive Test
* [ ] complete this list of action to do

Issue that (likely) won't be fixed
* Linux core GUI for small display (1024x768). Please note that is better fit than 1.4

Sponsored links

So is the freeze target equivalent to an release candidate?

To help ease the transition to the freeze target, should we stop accepting new bug reports and any major PRs (unless necessary) the end of April?
We always accept bug report. However we might not fix them for 1.6 release. PR will likely remain in stand-by.
What happen to merging the main window with the game window?
Any update?
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/870

I think something else was discussed before but I still don't see why it's such a problem this feature to be added...add an option on the Iso Selector menu that when selected,pcsx2 will always ask you what to load(I miss the Linuzzapz Iso way of running games...if nothing is set,pcsx2 will always aski you what to load when you use fast/full boot)
Why is this public????????
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Way to kill the excitement gregory Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Gregory had already mentioned about this in our private discussion, you guys missed it I guess. Tongue
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
You should remove the link. You'll ruin what gregory mentioned there...

And there's a difference between mentioning making something public and doing it without discussinng it with the other project members.
Quote:And there's a difference between mentioning making something public and doing it without discussinng it with the other project members.

Yes, we were also *discussing about it and some of the bug squad members and developers were a bit upset that Gregory made it public without any sort of agreement but doesn't really matter now, it's all public at the moment! Tongue
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-03-2017, 04:51 PM)vsub Wrote: What happen to merging the main window with the game window?
Any update?
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/870
Well, I kinda lost interest in implementing it myself, though I do think it would be a nice feature - I personally would prefer one less window.

It would cause some actual issues with all of the dialogs though. I hinted at it in the issue:
Quote:If anyone does attempt to add the feature, note that the Emulation Settings dialog size can change depending on the main window width (which probably should be changed so it doesn't). Just in case you think you accidentally broke something Smile
Trying to fix the dialog issue is painful - I tried to rewrite the dialog code (the existing dialog code had quite a few issues, so I felt it would be better to rewrite from scratch instead of fixing the existing code), but then I hit other issues whilst doing so. Without some of the latest upstream wxWidgets fixes, the code I wrote would either not have centred text (GTK2, minor issue) or would cause the GUI to freeze (GTK3, major issue) on some Linux distros. So yeah, there are issues.