1.6 release preparation
French saying, "people that don't say anything gave theirs implicit consents" so act Smile

People can follow progress with GIT. We even make them nice summary every quarter. So for once, I think we can make some public announcement that we will do a release. Even HW manufacturer buzz all the times about theirs releases. People will get excited for 2 months instead of 2 days. This way people know they must
* update the widesreen patches
* update the translation
* prepare the work to upload binary to their distribution
* report bugs that postponed until now...

Sponsored links

(04-03-2017, 06:45 PM)ssakash Wrote: Yes, we were also *discussing about it and somme of the bug squad memmbers and developpers were a bit upset that Gregory made it public without any sort of agreemment but doesn't really mattter now, it's all public at the momment! Tongue
It does matter. This isn't the first time this happened. It's not good that one member keeps publicises things without discussing it with the other members first.
I was following the other thread but wasn't replying to it because I thought most people agreed that next release will still take a long time. Since discussion is public now I hope we get a decent RC well before the release date so all games get at least some sort of testing time.
(04-03-2017, 07:08 PM)prafull Wrote: I was following the other thread but wasn't replying to it because I thought most people agreed that next release will still take a long time. Since discussion is public now I hope we get a decent RC well before the release date so all games get at least some sort of testing time.

Please quantify  "well before", how many weeks/months?
(04-03-2017, 08:01 PM)gregory Wrote: Please quantify  "well before", how many weeks/months?

4 to 6 weeks should be fine.
(04-03-2017, 06:54 PM)turtleli Wrote: Well, I kinda lost interest in implementing it myself, though I do think it would be a nice feature - I personally would prefer one less window.

Don't worry. Some works need to remain for future dev/release Wink

(04-04-2017, 08:11 AM)prafull Wrote: 4 to 6 weeks should be fine.

Ok, granted.
I will try to delete all messages on the public/private. So we can concentrate on the real subject.
The real subject is that you acted on your own, without discussing this with the other project members. Now you'll even censor that. This is ridiculous.
It isn't the subject of this thread. I heard your complain. I even accepted to shift the freeze date for you.

Now, what is the issue to say publicly that we plan to release a new version ? Or is it only the fact that I posted it without any formal team vote ?
Does it matter at this point? it is done anyone keeping tabs on stable builds release times would know 1.6 is coming soon. Gregory most acvtive dev build committer

I wouldnt blame him for wanting to let people know 1.6 is coming, but likes said above anyone that pay attention to sable release times would know this coming soon with an announcement.

The whole argument about is moot and irrelevant to the topic.

But what do i know. other then i knew 1.6 was coming before it even made topic, it should be time of excitement not argument, a years worth labor is about to be a new stable reason..