1 week with PCSX2, informed opinion.
(03-07-2016, 04:31 AM)vectorunit2 Wrote: Hello Guys

Woah im not really into forums had no idea my post would be so ahhh, taken funny.

Looks you guys can post hi res screen shots till kingdom come. Games don't stay still. they move.
And the fluidity of the Ps2 hardware on my Plasma TV, Moves and plays better than the emulator does.
Taking into consideration that I actually play these games not just take screen shots.

Would you like my 100+ hour game save for Tales of the Abyss, or various other games that were played on PCSX2?

Maybe you should take into consideration that you're not alone in the world that actually plays games? Smile
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)

Sponsored links

(03-07-2016, 04:43 AM)Ryudo Wrote: Would you like my 100+ hour game save for Tales of the Abyss, or various other games that were played on PCSX2?

Maybe you should take into consideration that you're not alone in the world that actually plays games? Smile

Well honestly, the purpose of PCSX2 is to learn how to code and understand the architecture of the beast. The fact is that some persons divert the program to play game is anecdotal. So there are 10 groups in the community, the one that play games and the others Wink
(03-07-2016, 04:31 AM)vectorunit2 Wrote: And the fluidity of the Ps2 hardware on my Plasma TV, Moves and plays better than the emulator does.
Taking into consideration that I actually play these games not just take screen shots.

I had already noted that the games RUN,PLAY and SOUND better. these 3 things combined  FOR ME outweigh
any high res scaling the emulator can do for me. Currently. I am not flaming and I did thank the coders for their contribution.

You realize you can hook up PCSX2 to an HDTV, right?

If you have a crappy PC monitor and crappy PC audio system, then of course it's going to look and sound worse.
(03-06-2016, 09:43 PM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: I realize that you guys don't like to see negative post's about pcsx2 and you know what that's called? It's called pride. It's called having pride in the program that you've worked so hard to create and that's something you all should have. The problem is you guys act like everytime someone post's anything negative they're out to get you and that's not the case at all. People have a right to speak they're mind without having to worry about getting flamed or having to deal with the immaturity that go's along with it. The sooner this community can realize that the better.

You don't know what you're talking about. Posting something negative/constructive is totally different from posting false information. Also, most users who posted in this thread aren't the developers.

(03-06-2016, 09:43 PM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: I'm done here.

Okay.

(03-07-2016, 04:31 AM)vectorunit2 Wrote: Woah im not really into forums had no idea my post would be so ahhh, taken funny.

I thought this might be a joke topic. Thank you for clearing it up. Smile
Personally, I feel that the original poster hasn't clearly stated the difference between his experience on PCSX2 and the console but rather make some vague remarks at specific statements so it's hard to understand why he does feel that the PS2's gameplay is superior at certain instances.

on the other hand, I think it'd be nice if certain members who have replied here treat the original poster with courtesy. sure, some of his information might be false and there's nothing wrong with it , everyone makes mistake. It'd be nice if you could kindly point it out by providing factual reasons backing up your statement (like Ryudo did).

I don't mean this in an imperative tone (or) something, just a suggestion Wink
(03-07-2016, 07:03 PM)ssakash Wrote: on the other hand, I think it'd be nice if certain members who have replied here treat the original poster with courtesy. sure, some of his information might be false and there's nothing wrong with it , everyone makes mistake. It'd be nice if you could kindly point it out by providing factual reasons backing up your statement (like Ryudo did).

Could you please clarify who are the "certain members"?
[Image: latest?cb=20120531015543]

Just don't people. Troll threads tend to get the attention of this forum's members for some reason.

(03-06-2016, 09:43 PM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: It's funny how I had posted a comment in this thread about how this community treats people if they post anything negative about pcsx2

There is a big difference between subjective opinion - even if it was a dumb one -, and objectively false information, op's post has little of the former, and a lot of the latter, where some are just outright lies.

The funny thing is that there are some legitimate issues where the ps2 is better than pcsx2 currently, but he mentioned almost none of them. Funny given this thread was supposed to be about these things.
(03-07-2016, 06:30 PM)Devina Wrote: You realize you can hook up PCSX2 to an HDTV, right?

If you have a crappy PC monitor and crappy PC audio system, then of course it's going to look and sound worse.

Mate if you had of read my original post, both systems were hooked up to the same Plasma TV. Which is a HDTV.

Anyway look guys. I might try PCSX2 again in a couple of years. until then you guys can have your oranges and ill eat my apples.
Oh and one final comment. if you think a real PS2 is not better than the emulator. then by all means do a 1:1 test just like I did.
I think you will come to the same conclusion....
OVer and ouT
"I'm not a troll but, let me be a rando that hops on your forums and tells you your emulator sucks and not contribute anything to make it better and fire up a three page thread"