100% to 50%!!
Hey guys i've been using pcsx2 for a while now and recently I discovered perfect settings for my FFX, FF12 and Persona 4. I had these games running glitch free at 100% but then I got a new motherboard and I managed to overclock my cpu to 3ghz and its stable. Before my cpu was at 2.8ghz and the games were running at the highest possible with no slowdowns but now I started playing the games yesterday and FFX went down to 14% in the videos and 35% in game! wth hell happened there! Persona 4 runs at 50% the whole time. My computer specs are
CPU: 3.1ghz dual core
GPU: radeon 4870 512mb
RAM: 4gb
I have rogue galaxy and MGS3 too and they run at 50% so if i solve the FFX problem i believe it will solve those too. Please help anyone Sad ill post any additional information if needed, thanks!

Sponsored links

Bad overclock, maybe?? What exactly your cpu anyway?
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Ah whoops forgot to say that I put it to stock speed and it didnt go any faster...all my PC games are working the same but pcsx2 isnt for some reason Sad its a E4700 stock speed is 2.6ghz
Thanks
Does the FPS go up dramatically if you set d3d internal resolution to native?

Thats the setting I changed on mine when everything went slow, also set CPU to limit as well and all speedhacks off, advanced options at defaults.

My monitor res is 1440x900 so I picked a 4:3 res that would fit in that (1152x854) and set aspect at 4:3 and noticed no fps change between that and native.
Did you try getting the latest PCSX2 beta and latest GSdx revision to see if they make any difference?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
well i did try the native thingy and all those options but it doesnt really change the fps...i fiddled around with settings and plugins and got it up to 60% but thats still a long way from the 100% i had before....yeah i tried the stable version of 0.9.6 and the newest beta...i used multiple plugins and the best i found was the 0.1.14 SSE3. i cant see what i would have done to make the fps go so low Sad thanks so far guys!
To figure out the problem, what you really need to do is consider every change you made since it ran at 100%. If you backtrack the things you did 1 by 1, you may solve the problem, or atleast find out what the problem was. I assume it has something to do with the overclock to be honest.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
Did you try one of the GSdx 1400+ revisions?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I found a document i saved which had all the settings for my games ( iwas smarter than i though Smile) so i copied that and had the same settings that got me the 100% but its still slow...it must be my hardware...could a mtherboard actually change the speed of the pc if the CPU does not change speed? i tried using the 1145 1451 plugins but they dont do anything different
I'm not really a hardware expert, but the bus speeds or clock speeds may have changed. There are a few hardware gurus on here, hopefully they'll pop in soon and give their 2cents.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB