1080p = Bad quality?
No. I do not enable 'Allow 8-bit texture' and still encounter this graphics bug.

Sponsored links

(07-15-2012, 02:33 PM)tallbender Wrote: i never trust that youtube thing.
he is probrably using F10 recording what i know on F10 recording rendered movies to be true than the actual emulation game window.
alternately recording from a real PS2 using a USB-DVR to fool them.

those demo could been view on window mode.

Recording is identical to what you see on the screen, Recording doesn't affect emulation (other than make it possibly slower), and window/fullscreen doesn't affect recording.

The only "thing" with recording is that it plays back at full speed even if the recording was slow. So you can't trust a recording for emulation speed, but you can trust it for everything else.

(07-15-2012, 05:20 PM)recoder Wrote: Those lines were probably a glitch of the Allow 8-bit Texture.

Changing Allow 8-bit textures should NOT modify the output - it should only affect speed on some systems/games.

There were few revisions recently where 8-bit-textures was broken, and then it WAS causing different output, but that was fixed quickly, and should be fine now. If that's not the case, please let us know.

And generally speaking, when you give advice to other users, try to make sure that your statements are reliable.
(07-15-2012, 02:33 PM)tallbender Wrote: i never trust that youtube thing.
he is probrably using F10 recording what i know on F10 recording rendered movies to be true than the actual emulation game window.
alternately recording from a real PS2 using a USB-DVR to fool them.

those demo could been view on window mode.

That was a video from the official channel, so yeah it can be trusted. The video did NOT have a menu like the one the OP showed in his screenshot, else-wise the bug would appear there too.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-15-2012, 02:47 PM)iRoluS Wrote: Thanks omnikam i try to copy the most things and now i can play perfectly Laugh
Glad it worked for you Smile
All the settings where posted in the youtube description, i figured it would work if you used the same...
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(07-15-2012, 09:25 PM)Bositman Wrote: That was a video from the official channel, so yeah it can be trusted. The video did NOT have a menu like the one the OP showed in his screenshot, else-wise the bug would appear there too.

o_O ohhh i'm blind sorry about that it's the author of the real pcsx2 team.
i'm was off-guarded
thanks for checking my post +1
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(07-15-2012, 08:57 PM)avih Wrote: ...
Changing Allow 8-bit textures should NOT modify the output - it should only affect speed on some systems/games.

There were few revisions recently where 8-bit-textures was broken, and then it WAS causing different output, but that was fixed quickly, and should be fine now. If that's not the case, please let us know.
recoder just told me that there might still be an issue with 8bit textures that we're not aware of, we'll look into it (after he posts a proper report with comparison images, etc).

If anyone else here also has *visual* issues with 8-bit-textures enabled (i.e. it changes the image), please post it someplace (with game name, recent svn pics of 8-bit-textures on/off, and preferably also the same with 0.98) such that we can have a look, thanks.
See the Bug Report here :-
Feel free to Move it (if required)

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Bug-Repor...it-Texture
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Thanks! Smile