120FPS in PCSX2
So far, I think the most resource-intensive game i've played on the PS2, strangely enough, is Thrillville. The FPS lags badly on A real PS2 when you have A good amusement park going, yes, it's not even an action game, and the FPS can get quite bad in it, but for all the action-oriented games like KH, there would be huge benefits, especially with the 60FPS patch enabled. Towards the end of the game, the FPS can drop commonly, and the OC build I have proves it's possible to OC PCSX2, but it screws up the sound, but it works, I didn't see any 'emulated slowdown', only my PC not being able to handle the game. If the emulated game's FPS slowed down, the game would run faster for me.

Yeah, A PCSX2 OC would prove benefitial if the SPU speedup is fixed, but only for more powerful PCs that can run A higher-clocked PCSX2, and on another note, the old "fat" PS2 can also OC, but only by A minor amount. I've read somewhere that while it also messed up the sound, the player got more performance and less slowdown.

Sponsored links

People has repeated clock many times. It's not about clock it's about timings.
Imagination is where we are truly real
In that case, something needs to be done about the timings if we want PCSX2 to overclock properly. If underclocking can be done without timing issues in current builds of PCSX2, overclocking should be just as easy.
(05-12-2014, 10:04 PM)Zack-silvia Wrote: In that case, something needs to be done about the timings if we want PCSX2 to overclock properly. If underclocking can be done without timing issues in current builds of PCSX2, overclocking should be just as easy.
Hmmm. maybe.

when do you think you will be able to code this feature, so that we can see if it's useful ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm not A coder, just one of the bigger fans of PCSX2. Someone linked that unofficial build, and while OCing works, the timings get messed up and make the audio faster, but it still increases performance. We can only hope the developers of PCSX2 add this into A later build.
(05-12-2014, 11:09 PM)Zack-silvia Wrote: I'm not A coder, just one of the bigger fans of PCSX2.
How can you say it's easy, then ?
Quote:Someone linked that unofficial build, and while OCing works, the timings get messed up and make the audio faster, but it still increases performance. We can only hope the developers of PCSX2 add this into A later build.

I can hardly imagine that since it would not meet pcsx2's main goal.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-12-2014, 11:09 PM)Zack-silvia Wrote: I'm not A coder, just one of the bigger fans of PCSX2. Someone linked that unofficial build, and while OCing works, the timings get messed up and make the audio faster, but it still increases performance. We can only hope the developers of PCSX2 add this into A later build.

Frankly, I can tell you have no idea how timing or syncing work and you're just throwing out random 'ideas' about how this would be implemented.
Keeping the EE, VUs and SPU units in sync is extremely difficult on its own. Not to mention the multi-threaded VU code that runs the VU1 unit on a different thread.
Now imagine if in this already too complex ecosystem, you start throwing in different clocks (or even user configurable ones). It just won't work.
[Image: newsig.jpg]