16:10 resolutions.
My monitor is 1920x1200, and I would like to fill it. All the patches I've seen are for 16:9, as well as the methods for making them. I found this thread but it doesn't address patches.

Sponsored links

You do need to state for which game you are looking the widescreen patches, since it's game based and you can ofcourse always change the aspect ratio in the emulator.

Emulator Settings > GS Window.

And otherwise ask for the patches here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...me-Patches with the gametitle + CRC/Region.
Going through GS Windows just stretches the video. I'm more interested in altering the patches that I already have. I would like to make them myself but all the tools seem to be geared towards 16:9 as far as I can see. The hard part seems to have been done in most games -- finding the memory address. What I want to know is how to figure out how to change the value at that location so that I can make it "native" 16:10.
since it's more upscaling then true 16:10 there is just no native 16:10 again go read in that thread and perhaps Asmo put a walkthrough with cheatengine how you could do it yourself Smile
Yeah, I'm seeing that now. I thought this thread by synce was just for 16:9. It isn't. I'm sorry, ever since I found out about PCSX2 I haven't been getting much sleep.
The problem is 16:10 is not a media standard and probably will be gone from PCs as well. In a age when was found the horizontal extension increases the sense of panorama (hence the widescreen), making the screen more squared is awkward to say the least, maybe the idea was to have vertical space for the taskbar without compromising the actual display area.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I play a lot of RTS games and isometric RPGs on computer so 16:10 is much better for me. For ground level view, 16:9 is better, but for top down view, its weird.
(06-01-2013, 06:20 PM)nstgc Wrote: I play a lot of RTS games and isometric RPGs on computer so 16:10 is much better for me. For ground level view, 16:9 is better, but for top down view, its weird.

What I wanted to say was only that is harder to find conversions to 16:10 because it not being a wide spread media standard. Discussion about advantages are subjective and I'm sorry to have brought it.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(06-01-2013, 06:31 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: What I wanted to say was only that is harder to find conversions to 16:10 because it not being a wide spread media standard. Discussion about advantages are subjective and I'm sorry to have brought it.

Ah sorry. Well, in anycase, if you have 16:9 patch, and know how to use that to make a 16:10 patch, the task is trivial.
Actually, I don't think it's technically difficult. I don't know how the 16:9 patch works but I suppose it would work for any aspect ratio like 16:10 or 5:4 or whatever. And PCSX2 just needs to add a custom aspect ratio support (the same way as the custom resolution). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Just FYI, some PC games support any aspect ratios from 4:3 to 16:10 because they crop the image vertically.