2.2GHz totally unplayable?
Nobody comes here just wanting to play PS2 in general. They want to emulate it. If just to play PS2 games (at low res), the cost of a computer hardly justifies the purchase. Good thing computers can do so much more.

Of course it's cheaper to just play on your PS2, since you don't have to buy anything you already own... Rolleyes

Sponsored links

Yeah if you simply want to play the games, running them on the PS2 would be most efficient... but if you are really interested in playing your games in hi-def and you're already due for a computer update (a single core processor and a GPU from 5+ years ago is easily grounds for that Wink) it doesn't hurt to give it some serious thought.

Besides, it's like any other hobby you might have... You're always trying to get the biggest and best results. Only instead of building a 1/66 scale Strike Freedom Gundam model (What? Only me?) you're trying to relive your games only with a more futuristic twist.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I think its just time for a new computer. It can't run much of anything released after 2005. Now I need like $700 lol

I just wanted to see if it worked partly because so few other games do on my PC. And my 4th 360 red-ringed.

Oh well it still burns DVDs and get me around the internet.

(06-02-2011, 12:44 AM)BlazedWithPower Wrote: I think its just time for a new computer. It can't run much of anything released after 2005. Now I need like $700 lol

Well, you definitely don't need $700, but that's about the right budget for an ideal rig.

(06-02-2011, 12:44 AM)BlazedWithPower Wrote: I just wanted to see if it worked partly because so few other games do on my PC. And my 4th 360 red-ringed.

I put up with it until the 3rd one. lol

Anyway, I used an Athlon 64 X2 5200+ and a Core 2 Duo before my 2500K. It's time for an upgrade. Wink