2 little problems
First one is that something weird happens to the sound that happened in 0.9.7 and 0.9.8. The thing is after playing a while the sound begins to ugh whats the right word... crack ? crackling sound / noise. It does get fixed by simply closing and resuming the game but its annoying ... Im using the default SPU2 settings and it happened in both older plugin version as in the newest 2.0 one I only noticed one thing that slightly helps its increasing latency but it just makes it so it takes longer before the crackling noises appear any solution to this ? o_O

Second one is a recent problem I've got no idea how this happened ... This is only for 0.9.8 and they worked fine before.. savestates dont load after closing the emulator they work as long as i dont close the emu but once i close it it says theres nothing in the corresponding slot.. I tried changing the sstates path from the default to the one im using and back but nothing its not that big of a problem but you know sometimes when you're in a hurry you save with a sstate cuz savepoint is far away... and that kinda messes things up =(
Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz
GF 8600 GTS 256/256
2 GB DDR II 800 mhz ram

Sponsored links

If you have it different set synchronizing mode to "TimeStretch" in SPU2-X config. Your symptoms are normal when you have it set as "none" and don't get full speed all the time in games. If slowed down/stretched music/sounds are pissing you off, you can always try async mix, but that can break some games.

For savestates, do you mean the folder is changed every time you exit pcsx2? O.o You sure you didn't set your inis folder as read only or something like that? If you're using windows XP and burned your pcsx2 folder to cd, copying it back makes it read onlyTongue.(An example how it could happen, if you weren't changing the folder/files to read only on your own.) Anyway make sure that folder/ini files aren't set to "read only" and maybe it'll be a fix.
No no I just use normally different than the defaults so i had it set to one of my choosing just as a test to see if it changes anything i moved sstates to default folder and changed the path but that doesnt help... the files are in sstate folder but somehow the emu doesnt see them iunno.... im using win7 and never done any burning of sstates >_> Oh but just checked and both the folders are set as 'read only' weird... But I didnt change or move them or anything and it worked like a month ago but now it doesnt >_> Oh well...

As for sound its got nothing to do with speed cause it happens even in games i run at max speed without any speedhacks the sound crackling appears after a while anyway .... and no its been set on time stretch all the time but I tested async mix and tbh I didnt notice any difference in quality besides the fact the crackling appears even later and it actually disappears by itself after like 30-60 sec its still annoying as hell and i want to fix it somehow. It never happened before on older emus and with all the games i played.... Sure some games had the little crackling or slow downs when low fps but that was easily fixed by simply getting more fps >_> and this got nothing to do with fps ...
Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz
GF 8600 GTS 256/256
2 GB DDR II 800 mhz ram
Code:
Oh but just checked and both the folders are set as 'read only' weird...
lol another windows mysteryTongue Myth Busters should hear about it. Soo unchecking "read only" helped?

Going back to sound cracks, maybe try with different interpolation? Lower it if it's "Catmull-Rom" eventually also disable effects processing, or opposite change it to higher if it's "nearest". Try changing Module to DirectSound or go back to XAudio 2 if it's different. You could also try latest SVN build, SPU2-X was worked on quite a bit lately, maybe you'll see an improvement.(+With today's change - 3rd core support:3 - it could be a nice for your playing experience if you're on that Quad from your sig.)
Didnt check yet cause im in the middle of dungeon and no savepoint near dont wanna risk redoing stuff =p Yeh im using the pc in my sig just got more ram now =p Ill try all the stuff you said thanks

Oh and I was using the Hermite interpolation and Xaudio 2 module

*edit* So direct sound doesnt work good its like crackling all the time but catmull and xaudio 2 seems to work fine so far but it usually takes some time for crackling to appear so ... we will see and yes the 'read only' fixed sstates =p
Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz
GF 8600 GTS 256/256
2 GB DDR II 800 mhz ram
If nothing else helps or if you're curious for eventual speedup and you will try svn builds, make sure you save your game on memory cardTongue, savestates version was changed few times already from last stable release soo they'll not work.
Catmull seems to work fine so far and the sound is better than before as for speedups I can get pretty much every game i played to 60 fps with proper speedhack settings and the clamping stuff ;c The only game I cannot seem to find good settings for is Okami =p But other than that even Xenosaga episode I runs fine =p
Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz
GF 8600 GTS 256/256
2 GB DDR II 800 mhz ram
:3 heheh if Okami lags with high EE% try new svn build as portable(it's now by default) and check that brand new "speedhack" turning VU1 to another thread.Tongue (Damn I'm too overexcited with that last commit to not propose it to everyone.Tongue)
Arent those only for win 32 bit ? Im using 64 bit =o Unless im thinking about something else... >_>
Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz
GF 8600 GTS 256/256
2 GB DDR II 800 mhz ram
;D There is NO 64 bit pcsx2 version(there was in the past but was discontinued as of no gain and actual needs), 32 bit version works fine on 64 bit OS, have no problems in win7x64, not that I heard of suchTongue.