Hi, I've few little question, I'll try to be fast...
1 - The emulator does not supports 4 core. Does it mean that it will not work with a 4 core CPU, or does it mean it just will use 2 of this 4 cores ?
2 - Does an emulator depends of hardware config (if it is sufficient), or does an intel / geforce will be better than AMD radeon ? What is the level of interaction between the emulator and the system... Hardware ? Software ? Does the emulator needs generics or specifics drivers which depends of the OS or the hardware ?
1: I'm 80% sure it uses 2 or 3 max (I'm not a coder, I'm not experienced with coding, just relaying what I've seen on the boards and assuming elsewise)
2: no, not to a certain extent. if an ATI and a GeForce card are equlivent, I don't thing there will be much difference between the two (my brother uses AMD and Nvidia, I use Intel and Nvidia)
1) it supports only 2 cores, not one more.
2) a little: intel and geforce seems to be better than amd and radeon.
The emulator needs only a SO (windows, mac, linux) and dx 9 or 10.
1) it supports to 2 but you will see that they will be devided into 4 cores... so every core uses 50% of its powers(thats how windows works).
02-12-2009, 03:10 AM
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2009, 03:10 AM by Air.)
Gsdx is notoriously unfriendly toward ATIs, and so for some games FPS will be miserable if you have an ATI card. FF-XII, for example, runs a whopping 12fps on my machine with an ATI equipped. It runs in excess of 70fps with an equivalent Geforce card. Many other games perform about the same on either card though.
This is Gsdx Hardware modes only; it also has no bearing on software mode.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
1) It is said somewhere that they added dual core Support. This means you shouldn't have top worry, Just it's not going to take FULL advantage of your Quad Core... So just enjoy the emulator. They will probably eventually get arround to optomizing it to 4 soon enough.
2) Graphics cards are allways Touch and Go. My computer specs are FAR from recomended and It functions fine for me unless it's a heavy game, such as Rumble Roses, tekken, etc... But most games function without hitch when I play with the Configures, and there's even a Forum Thread that will help you set those for each game... But no, they didn't set the Emulator up to be Predjudice to anything, Vid Card, Processor or what not...
Just mess with the Configs and Ask in forums when there is a Problem and someone usually takes a Momment or two to help a fellow gamer get things going
"He who dies with the most toys, is still, None the less... Dead"
"Never argue with an Idiot, it causes confusion in who's who"
"If you're mad, You're loosing"
Air are you talking about a ATI Sapphire x1650gt?
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 126.96.36.199