2 quick questions
Hi guys,

I'm interested in getting an emu on my PC. My issue is getting the BIOS off the PS2. I'm not really willing to purchase these disks or whatever they are etc. etc.

So is there anyway to get the BIOS off my PS2 simply by downloading free software?

Second question, what are the requirements to get my saves from my PS2 memory card? Again is it the same stuff needed to get the BIOS off?

Cheers,
Mike

Sponsored links

In answer to your first question, Google for free mc boot, this is free and only requires somebody with some means of hacked ps2 (or the discs). You could even get a volunteer from the site to do it for you Smile

As for retrieving the files from your memcard, if you can connect your ps2 to your network, you can ftp the files over.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-03-2012, 05:37 PM)refraction Wrote: if you can connect your ps2 to your network, you can ftp the files over.

And can you move files from PC to mem card the same way?
(01-03-2012, 05:50 PM)Game Wrote: And can you move files from PC to mem card the same way?

Yes but I prefer to use uLaunchELF host:/ rather than FTP.

With special settings in the ule settings file you are allowed to write directly to the pc hdd.
I copy my saves to my PC/PS2 that way(ule also allows you to copy the saves into USB flash drive)
Thanks refraction, but what If I don't have a network adapter?
If you have memory card with Free MC Boot(or modchip or any way to boot homebrew programs),you will be able to do a lot more than just copy your saves.

Look here,maybe you'll have some way to install FMCB yourself.

BTW ftp is not the only way to get your saves from your memory card,you can also copy them into your USB flash drive.
Can I copy them to a flash drive without any hacking and what not?
You will need free mc boot or something as you need to launch Homebrew to copy files around
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I noticed that in the browser on my PS2, I have the option to copy a save file. Will this not allow me to copy to a USB stick? Sadly I can't find out for myself as my triangle button is bust! If I do need mc boot then I'm kind of screwed as there's no way of me getting it without buying something, and none of my mates will have done this.
There's a few people that offer a freemcboot install service.
You send them your memory card, they install the software for you and send the card back.
Google for this.

Currently this is your best course of action, since none of your friends has a modified PS2 it seems.