2015: Which hardware is good enough?
(12-08-2015, 12:17 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You forgot a graphics card.

That's what the motherboard compatibility links are for. I put them there so anyone could decide what GPU to use.

Sponsored links

And why the usb wireless stick? You're building your own computer you might as well get a PCIe networking card

edit: I just saw that you're using a $175 case in this build as well, unless you really like how it looks I would get a Phanteks Enthoo Pro Series case as they are very highly rated (and recommended by many on pcpartpicker) and under $100.
(12-08-2015, 12:35 AM)willkuer Wrote: Ehm.

Link 1 doesnt work for me.

Link 2 has two different ram modules. Why?

Link1/2 have a 6TB HDD and a 0.5TB. Why? Please invest into an 256/512GB ssd with your amount of money.

Also HW Fan control? Why?

Maybe personal preference and possibly wrong but i would always prefer wlan pci cards over usb sticks.

Do 7.1 headsets really exist?

Fan control: Just in case
7.1 headsets: Don't know, but it might depend
WIFI: I use NETGEAR, so I use a wireless USB for internet
Storage: Along with the videos I make, they might have a bad habit of taking too much data on my computer, so I get a big one just in case
RAM: Most of the models for the motherboard are out of stock
Link one: How does it not work for you?
Fan control: i would always control fans over the mainboard by software. I am not sure about the quality and features of a hw fan controller but i guess they are always worse since fixed than sw solutions. A mainboard is already a smart fan controller.

7.1 sound is hard to get as source. It is questionable that you hear the difference. 7.1 possibly costs more than lower system and could be still worse. I always used 2.1 systems but am as well not one of the audiophile freaks here.

Wifi: its your choice but normally usb sticks are worse in my experience and last time i checked. I also have bad experience with netgear but again this might be my personal view.

Storage: i completely agree with the 6gb desire. The 0.5 gb hdd doesnt make sense. That should be an ssd.

Ram: that something is out of stock doesnt mean you take just something random. Either you wait or you order at a different place. But always use the same ram modules. They should match in timing and frequency. Yours clearly dont do it. This could lead to bad performance.

Link1 is empty for me.

Gpu selection: almost all modern gpus work for you. Gpu's are much more compatible than all other modules in a pc. (Except for the power supply) there is no need to provide a compatibility list. Just select the gpu you like (but please a gaming gpu)
(12-08-2015, 12:49 AM)TheFirePlayer14540 Wrote: Fan control: Just in case
7.1 headsets: Don't know, but it might depend
WIFI: I use NETGEAR, so I use a wireless USB for internet
Storage: Along with the videos I make, they might have a bad habit of taking too much data on my computer, so I get a big one just in case
RAM: Most of the models for the motherboard are out of stock
Link one: How does it not work for you?

Your motherboard will be able to support at least 4-5 fans by itself and you can set their speeds based on temperatures in your BIOS, unless you have like 10 case fans the controller is pointless
For storage he means get a 500GB SSD as a fast windows boot drive instead of the slow 500gb HDD you chose
I will put you together a parts list in a little bit
I'd do this for emulation

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TWKvXL
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
From what it seems you want I'd go with something like this

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/JonyeGway/saved/kTnD4D

As far as air CPU coolers go, the difference between the $20 hyper 212 evo and a $70+ be quiet! cooler is only a few degrees. The motherboard I picked because I have the same one and it has TONS of features and a great BIOS. (Always loved Asrock mobos) You could upgrade the GPU to a GTX 970 or 980 if you're looking to play modern PC games maxed out and the power supply I have listed is plenty enough for any of those graphics cards, for just emulation and basic gaming the GTX 960 is plenty strong enough. The wireless card here will fit inside your case so you dont have an ugly usb stick always sticking out of your case and it should be faster than any usb stick. The case I have chosen also has a built in fan controller/splitter and has spots for like 8 case fans.
(12-08-2015, 12:59 AM)willkuer Wrote: Link1 is empty for me.

Try it now, I fixed it.

I fixed the links now.
Sorry about the broken links. Try all of them now.
With the amount you're looking on spending for peripherals you could get a GTX 980ti and play everything at max settings for a few years instead. I would recommend asking for/looking at other parts lists on the pcpartpicker forums and really maximize what you're getting for your money. And your first 2 builds you listed both have mismatching RAM modules and most likely wont even boot.