Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
267MHz system bus ?
Question 
Guys, i need some information regarding the system bus speed. Whenever my POST started up (overclocking mode on), it always warn me that i have a 267 MHz system bus installed on my unsupported motherboard. Then, it said that i won't get any good performance from the processor and will have reduced speed.

Is that also a cause that i can't OC more than 3.31Ghz ? Cause my friend can OC his E7500 to 3.72GHz.

Any suggestion regarding to this ? For specs, it's stated at my sign. Thx
(sorry for my poor English)Excl
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G

Sponsored links

I'm not sure what this has to do with PCSX2 (apart from performance), so it might be best to post this on another forum. I'm sure its ok to post here, but you may not get the answer you require from here.

Anyway, are you overclocking using the reference clock or the multiplier? Have you changed any other settings like the HT link, Voltage etc... ?

and what exactly is the problem anyway, just an error message? Does your CPU actually succeddd with the overclock?
[Image: 40122467.png]
It might just mean your motherboard doesn't support high FSBs officially (since it is a budget motherboard and chipset), but if you choose to overclock, and can maintain stability, it should be fine.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(03-04-2010, 05:03 PM)Aphex Wrote: I'm not sure what this has to do with PCSX2 (apart from performance), so it might be best to post this on another forum. I'm sure its ok to post here, but you may not get the answer you require from here.

Anyway, are you overclocking using the reference clock or the multiplier? Have you changed any other settings like the HT link, Voltage etc... ?

and what exactly is the problem anyway, just an error message? Does your CPU actually succeddd with the overclock?

From the BIOS configuration by increasing the FSB Multiplier maybe. (eg. 11x(FSB value)) = overclocked CPU speed. And yes, i've suceeded but can't overclocked my CPU more than 3.31GHz. Actually i can overclock it to 3.50GHz but, when i ran pcsx2, my PC suddenly reboot, seems like a failure overclocking, huh ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
not enough voltage to run 3.5
up the voltage one step at a time
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
I think its the fault of your motherboard unable to go higher than FSB @ 1333MHz, so that the peak is 333x11=3.33GHz, even though you rose the voltage to 1.36V it can't help.

Regretfully, You should have looked for and purchased a motherboard that officially supported FSB @ 1600MHz, that's come in handy for overclocking.

The one I bought is GA-EP31-DS3L rev:1.0. They say it
Quote:Supports Intel® Core™ 2 multi-core and 45nm processors to FSB 1600 (O.C.)

And for the motherboard itself had the words inscribed on it.
Quote:FSB 1600 OC / 1333
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W