2D games looking kinda 'tiled' in HW mode
I think I noticed something similar with another emu, probably SSF. I'm curious what exactly causes some (if not all) 2D games to look messed up when you try rendering them at higher res, and if it's possible to fix other than by playing at native res

Sponsored links

I think it may be because 2d sprites aren't upscaled accurately/properly with the PCSX2's internal res upscaler, like rendered 3d.

Have you tried using the sprite hack in the new revs?, and tried changing to different resolutions. Mess around with GSdx's settings and see if it helps, you'd be surprized.
try the sprite / offset hacks in the HW hacks dialogue
The only thing that actually does have a change is Wild Arms offset hack, which by description lowers GS precision, the change is for the worser through;P, soo a hack to do opposite would be needed?(If that's even possible)

Edit: gotta correct myself at that, the latest version of that hack(set at half/colored) actually does fix some of those glitches completely in Mana Khemia 2 which I tested, but still makes some others more visible.
Wow, I was only 20 revisions behind and yet there's a lot of new features in the latest... I messed around with some of the HW hacks (read: tried every combo imaginable lol) and while using WA offset at half did manage to get rid of the lines around the character portraits it didn't get rid of any of the lines seen in the screenshot above.

I only had time to test one other 2D game (Amagami) and the offset hack managed to get rid of all the lines, but only if I set texture filtering to half.

Also, this revision seems to have created new problems. During FMVs and some in-game transitions I get these ugly lines even with HW hacks off. So I guess I'm stuck in software mode for now :/

Did you tick allow 8 bit texture? If yes try with that off.
(03-18-2012, 04:44 AM)synce Wrote: Wow, I was only 20 revisions behind and yet there's a lot of new features in the latest... I messed around with some of the HW hacks (read: tried every combo imaginable lol) and while using WA offset at half did manage to get rid of the lines around the character portraits it didn't get rid of any of the lines seen in the screenshot above.

I only had time to test one other 2D game (Amagami) and the offset hack managed to get rid of all the lines, but only if I set texture filtering to half.

Also, this revision seems to have created new problems. During FMVs and some in-game transitions I get these ugly lines even with HW hacks off. So I guess I'm stuck in software mode for now :/

Synce, not that's it's an important question or anything but are you from Japan and Japanese by the way? Just a bit curious Smile
AMD Phenom II 960T X4 @ 3.0 GHz, 4GB G.Skill DDR2 RAM, Hitachi Deskstar 2TB HD 7200 RPM Sata III, Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 1024MB VRAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit), ASUS VE248 1920 x 1080
I sense someone wants to stalk synce...

#ONTOPIC: The hacks do some... nasty thing, like removing odd numbers from the coordinates or reducing the decimal part in half. Try something different with it, and you might make something in particular look better yet make something else look worse ever. If the game is all 2D though, better just use native resolution and keep filtering in automatic. You can then even try with some shader to make it look nicer.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
purely 2d games really need an optimised BR or Hq4x filter Laugh
Yes I've tried 8 bit tex and anything else I could think of, like changing deinterlace, renderer, etc. It's okay though I can live with a little blurriness.

And no I'm not Japanese or living in Japan, but I would like to start teaching there soon!