2D games run slower
(03-02-2009, 08:15 AM)bappybd Wrote: King Of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match and King Of Fighters XI runs perfectly in my pc using gxdx plugin and speed hack..........but King Of Fighters 98 Ultimate match runs little bit slow in my pc

my pc: core2duo 2GH, intel 945 motherboard, 3 GB ram, NVDIA 8600 256 MB

That's because you have an Nvidia graphics card, the problem is with ATI cards as mentioned above.

Sponsored links

For comment of jake : i thinks not in that case Gsdx/ATI card become bottelneck?? What kind of argument you came with that conclution? Even with synthetic bencmark or PC. Games, we show ATI card was matching or better than Nvidia grapich card? I think that is bias argument and because of that i have bias argument too to provide in here to lets peoples thinks about it. Gsdx is not universal codes but some protected codes and hacks of codes for special NVidia grapich card and prevent other grapich card to run well or lower compatibility. And we hope, there are some programmer in independent to make universal codes/programming or make special codes/programming to other card too. The last i say : lets peoples to get his choiche from the market in fair competition and we dont hope one dark alliance become in control to the market. Sorry for my hard comment before.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(03-02-2009, 08:15 AM)bappybd Wrote: King Of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match and King Of Fighters XI runs perfectly in my pc using gxdx plugin and speed hack
what speed hacks are you using exactly?
Quote:For comment of jake : i thinks not in that case Gsdx/ATI card become bottelneck?? What kind of argument you came with that conclution? Even with synthetic bencmark or PC. Games, we show ATI card was matching or better than Nvidia grapich card? I think that is bias argument and because of that i have bias argument too to provide in here to lets peoples thinks about it. Gsdx is not universal codes but some protected codes and hacks of codes for special NVidia grapich card and prevent other grapich card to run well or lower compatibility. And we hope, there are some programmer in independent to make universal codes/programming or make special codes/programming to other card too. The last i say : lets peoples to get his choiche from the market in fair competition and we dont hope one dark alliance become in control to the market. Sorry for my hard comment before.
Anyway, you should buy a ATI card for Gabest so he can make ATI card more compatible with his plugin Smile
(03-02-2009, 09:05 AM)Register Wrote: For comment of jake : i thinks not in that case Gsdx/ATI card become bottelneck?? What kind of argument you came with that conclution? Even with synthetic bencmark or PC. Games, we show ATI card was matching or better than Nvidia grapich card? I think that is bias argument and because of that i have bias argument too to provide in here to lets peoples thinks about it. Gsdx is not universal codes but some protected codes and hacks of codes for special NVidia grapich card and prevent other grapich card to run well or lower compatibility. And we hope, there are some programmer in independent to make universal codes/programming or make special codes/programming to other card too. The last i say : lets peoples to get his choiche from the market in fair competition and we dont hope one dark alliance become in control to the market. Sorry for my hard comment before.

You are wrong, Gabest does NOT have 'hacks' in his code for Nvidia cards. If you haven't looked at the source you should NOT make this kind of statements.
Gabest has no bias whatsoever, he is basing his plugin on a texture swizzling technique which happens to be EXTREMELY slow on ATI cards while it works great on Nvidia cards.
So the one to blame is your ATI drivers,which obviously handle this technique totally crappy.
Your whole conspiracy theory probably just fell apart Tongue Gabest can't test his code on ATI cards since he owns an Nvidia one so it's pretty normal he can't fix /change this (although it is STILL not his problem but ATIs)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ha ha too bad this isn't some big fancy new game otherwise ATI would send Gabest a brand new card for him to test on to rectify the issue and who doesn't like getting the latest and greatest stuff for free.
@Bositman : thanks for your reply. To be clear, First i provide such comment is not to counter the right isu but to prevent some bias interpretation from people, who is read to jake comment without properly explanation about the problem as if ATI grapich card was totally creaps and fanboisme. Second to bring some fact are we need more programmer to support what is already there in the market or become independent in programming,
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(03-02-2009, 11:03 AM)LeSharK Wrote:
(03-02-2009, 08:15 AM)bappybd Wrote: King Of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match and King Of Fighters XI runs perfectly in my pc using gxdx plugin and speed hack
what speed hacks are you using exactly?

Well i used GSDX 0.1.14 plugin and every speed hacks listed in the emulator.............I will suggest experiment with every speed hacks and use hacks which suits your PC.
Texture compression is done by cpu Sad. See this:
http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.c...erthread=y
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3.33Ghz
Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-VM
RAM: OCZ DDR2-800 2x1GB
GFX: ATI HD3650
So that's why some 2d games run like crap unless I bump up the process priority. And that's why setting internal resolutions of 2048x2048 makes some games slow as hell. And that's why the GDI in Windows Vista eats some CPU...

I think I'll have to thank thoughly ATI by not buying one of their cards never ever. ***** ATI. Seriously, RAGE. And the worst is, I can't buy another card until god knows when...