2k5 question (Not what you think)
I had the exact same issues with 2K5 as you're describing. 100% the same experience.

Sponsored links

yeh the NFL games are very unpredictable when loading, to this day i dont know what the hell causes it and every load is completely random (random sucks for debugging Sad ) so what gamerk2 suggested is probably the best bet for now
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-28-2012, 01:40 AM)refraction Wrote: yeh the NFL games are very unpredictable when loading, to this day i dont know what the hell causes it and every load is completely random (random sucks for debugging Sad ) so what gamerk2 suggested is probably the best bet for now

It clearly looks loading related, and I suspect both lockup issues are related to the same problem. Which got me wondering how/if the PS2 HDD is emulated yet. Just thinking out loud, but maybe the game *thinks* the HDD is present, but it isn't emulated, leading to random lockups?
The megadev9 plugin is what you're looking for in terms of the HDD.
Probably way off the mark but might be worth enabling the skip mpeg hack in the gamefixes section. Just kinda reminds me of the crash I used to get in Smash Court Tennis 2 which was solved using that setting.
The HDD thing is a red herring. The game devs simply left the HDD path in for convenience.
What we think the problem is is kernel threading race situations, possibly related to bad CDVD flags or maybe bad SIF emulation.