3 Problems in PCSX2 Linux
I tried playing DBZ Budokai 3, ran at a steady 20FPS in battle, using gsdx. i also heard that converting to an ISO file is faster, not much, so tried it anyway stayed the same.. i changed the Graphics library to ZZogl and got 40FPS. But I also noticed the GSdX version has two problems. I can't use the sse4.1 or ssse3 or avx setting, only sse2, and i get a black screen when running in hardware mode in gsdx.

My PC Specs are in the Description, using Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
I'm using the SuperVU Recompiler for VU0 and VU1, tried MicroVU, gained 10FPS in SuperVU

How do I make this game run at 50FPS or more? Is there a fix for the black screen?
Specifications:

AMD Sempron 3850 @ 1.3GHz
Zotac Geforce GT 640 2GB
4GB RAM
Kubuntu Linux 14.10 STS

Sponsored links

What gpu and what drivers are you using?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(04-21-2014, 01:33 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: What gpu and what drivers are you using?

Hmm, his GPU appears here in bright red... but you might be right if is a laptop and the iGPU is the active one.

Anyway, maybe is a problem with the emulation of that specific game, Besides I have not used Linux for a time now and don't know how well DirectX is emulated nowadays but that could explain some GSDX versions not working.

Still, from the picture is hard to see how things would improve significantly if those versions worked too.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-21-2014, 01:33 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: What gpu and what drivers are you using?
i tried installing amd drivers but im not sure how. i read docs and tried them but none of them worked.
Specifications:

Zotac Geforce GT 640 2GB
4GB RAM
Kubuntu Linux 14.10 STS
ok i installed them, get a 5FPS increase, hangs around 45, but in ogl able to use hardware mode, runs in 20FPS in that, while software is 10FPS, also it only says sse2 still, not even sse4.1 or avx or ssse3 in the plugin selector
Specifications:

Zotac Geforce GT 640 2GB
4GB RAM
Kubuntu Linux 14.10 STS
Your CPU probably only supports SSE2.
DirectX is MS proprietary, Simon, it needs to be emulated itself to run under Linux, no wonder OGL might get you better performance in this case. Maybe is that the reason the plugins aren't being recognized. Yet I'm not sure if is the case, Gregory (or someone else) may give you more precise information on the issue. What seems relatively secure to say is none those versions would give you much performance increase where SSE2 is not doing nicely already.

I mean, the problem might be in the Plugin version itself as in DirectX that that in the CPU available instruction set which would be the case under Windows.
Imagination is where we are truly real
The Linux version of GSdx only supports SSE2. Windows version would support pretty much all the choices, but you are using Linux version....Which is still way better in most cases than ZZogl. In some but not all cases.

You have better speed but less compatability with Catalyst vs open source (default) drivers. But it is still integrated gpu, so you can't expect miracles in speed, esecpially since Linux GSdx is not as refined as DirectX versions. I used to have your setup so I know what you are going through. You could try to overclock as best as you can for a little more speed gain. Or get an Nvidia GDDR5 card... Smile big difference.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

This is posted in the wrong forum though, this should be posted in the Linux section Wink
will gregory ever make a fix to this where we can use avx and ssse3 or sse4.1?
Specifications:

Zotac Geforce GT 640 2GB
4GB RAM
Kubuntu Linux 14.10 STS