30 FPS, after a while they drops...
Hi at all! I have a Toshiba Satellite L650. It has a Intel Core i3 m330 and ATI Radeon 5650. I try to play Guitar Hero 1 (NTSC). It can't handle 60 FPS, but I tried some settings and make the game run at 30 FPS. It runs perfectly, but after a while, FPS drops. So I stop for a minute, then resume the emulation: the FPS raise to 30. Why? It can be the heat?
Thanks in advance Smile

Sponsored links

(11-09-2013, 07:23 PM)ReDevilGames Wrote: Hi at all! I have a Toshiba Satellite L650. It has a Intel Core i3 m330 and ATI Radeon 5650. I try to play Guitar Hero 1 (NTSC). It can't handle 60 FPS, but I tried some settings and make the game run at 30 FPS. It runs perfectly, but after a while, FPS drops. So I stop for a minute, then resume the emulation: the FPS raise to 30. Why? It can be the heat?
Thanks in advance Smile

Definitely could be heat.

Is your power plan set to "High performance" ?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Most likely it's throttling from the heat. I believe guitar hero is a fairly demanding series with requirements between burnout 3 and kingdom hearts 2.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Quote:Is your power plan set to "High performance" ?
Yes
What settings you use now
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Why would you want to play at 30 FPS, anyway? That's half speed. o_O On a music-based game, wouldn't that make it almost unplayable?
I tried some settings: the emulator keeps the normal speed, but FPS are halved Smile
download coretemp and monitor your cpu temperatures as you play the game, let us know what it peaks at.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

He is on laptop I guarantee he is throttling cause something is to hot, Especial seeing he says it fine and then it isnt.
there are 3 scenarios is to "worth of watching"

*you should plug-in AC power when you are using pcsx2 and "not" running in batteries.
*monitor your temps using "coretemp" or "speccy" ,stop playing pcsx2 if your laptop reaches 90C~over.
*enable the "Constant skipping" (Emulation settings-->GS) might help on your emulation.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel