3D Ripper DX 1.6
In this post it's little explained how to rip models from PS2 game (Link)
Also there used to be similar post on PCSX2 forums if I remember right.

Both told it will have missing Z level after ripped, however I end up with one plane and texture on it (which is just screenshot). I used ZeroGS 0.97.1

Any idea why it ends up with plane, instead of missing Z level?

P.S. Before you start telling that this is wrong place, it's not. 3D Ripper DX works fine, it's something about Plugin I'm using

Sponsored links

3D Ripper DX does not work with any of the rendering/video plugins for PCSX2. The reason being that (1) 3D Ripper DX is simply not compatible with the version of DirectX most plugins use, (2) the plugins that it is compatible with use an overlay rendered -- which is what the program will capture instead of the actual 3D stuff you want (it results in a 2D/plane/nothing rip). Whatever you would get ripped would be totally worthless because 3D Ripper DX isn't ripping what you want.

This includes textures and UVs.
Intel C2Q Q9450 Yorkfield 12MB L2-Cache @ 3.2GHz, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel, Corsair 750TX PSU, ATI VisionTek Radeon HD4850 512MB, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-II, 200GB Maxtor IDE-150, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit)
I surf by the net by years and i see lots of posts, something its trash another are usefull and of course anothers need be reconsiderated, becuase of this i try make this post only to show usefull information, please not request nothing or post nothing abouth other thinks, this its dedicated only to show how to rip models from pcsx2 emulator with 3d via and 3d ripper DX.
Experts on this like mariokart64, chrox, mr adults, nexxxus, obesebear, are welcome to post any idea, correction or released skill.

The first point its the best way to rip models from dvd of PS2 games its extraction directly from the dvd game, infortunatly the only man can do this its a frances boy with the nick of Yazor (Lord of Lords on this) he ripped Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts models from games, but he leave the forums long time ago.

Then the only way to the newebies like me its try with PCSX2 Emulator and 3D RIPER DX OR 3D VIA PRINT SCREEN.

I show how this works with screens and not only with letters cause latters something times are confused and one image tell more than 1000 words.

For this its necesary the next files
DVD ISO from the PS2 GAME
3D VIA PRINT SCREEN PROGRAM
3D RIPPER DX PROGRAM
3DS STUDIO MAX 9 (this works fine for me)
KoichiSenad max plugin
http://www.4shared.com/dir/5807782/1c394...enada.html

Speed PC (cause the emulator take lots of memory)
Also its important tell try this in Win Xp cause Vista use DirectX10 and thiw works only with DX9

When you have this open your emulator PCSX2 with 3D RIPPER DX FIRST AND choose this Plugins GSDX9 (texture dump) this plugin help to dump textures to the designed 3D Ripper DX folder, ZeroGS (model dump) this plugin dump the models to the designed 3D Ripper DX folder
(then 3dripper dx + gdx 1.7 for texture and gsplugin for mesh).

Here a configuration i use for this
[Image: CONFIGURACION1.jpg]

In normal Games all works fine and its posible load the model withouth troubles in max 9 with the 3d ripper dx plugin installed, but on this case with the emulator when you capture a model you can see this looks flated like this:

[Image: Flateado.jpg]

I not make a large explication how this hapen, but only can tell its because a overlay system of the emulators project only 2 sides like 2D not 3D, this save lot of memory cuase of this its configured.

For 3d ripper i found a model of Kosmos and the skill posted by sarha (another hiden) this:
you need to have 2 views of the exact same frame capture using 3d ripper dx.
the only way to do this is in the model viewer mode. take 1 capture straight on then take one side profile snapshot.--- she show this model released:

[Image: 1zptuop.png]

Bad for all she only talk abouth how this its posible, but in the practice something thinks changued, she never post screens step by step how this its posible and all the work are lost.
Years ago since 2008 something user post he have a max-script, this can convine this 2 views and fix the model, but i shure its fake, i search the plugin and also a death links and i not found nothing abouth this.

This its all with 3D ripper DX system i found usefull any correction please tell me.

The good news its 3DVIA Print Screen works bether.
Mariokart64 tell the captures with 3DVIA keep all the axis also the z axis, only its necesary
scale the Y axis by 20 000 000 x and the mesh should unfold.the problem is some models back cull, but back culling can be fixed only delething the back culling faces and reasing the textures.
On this mariokart64 explain why the Y axis need be scaled, cause the y axis control the depth of the models captured, personaly i see its posible scale the Y axis in 3ds max but i not tested yet cause i not ripped a model too.

x=Side-to-Side
y=Front-to-Back
z=Up-to-Down

on this proces its necesary install first the KoichiSenada plugin for max, and asign the keys to load the plugin, this to load the files generated by 3dvia print screen.

I test this and its this all i be done its a .png file: you can see to the left of the pick wath i am extracted. So maybe its a configuration issue i test all the posible configurations i can found tonight and post wath hapend tomorrow

[Image: CONFIGURACION2.jpg]
Hi its been some time now and I want to know how to use 3d ripper on the pcsx2, so could someone please tell me what I need and point me in the right direction?

also I don't know much about 3d ripper and how it works (havent found any decent tutorials), I know it takes the models and textures but can it also take the animations? Say If I wanted to rip kingdom hearts or dbz tenkaichi characters will all the character's animations be included?
(03-15-2012, 03:50 AM)Raybrand Wrote: Hi its been some time now and I want to know how to use 3d ripper on the pcsx2, so could someone please tell me what I need and point me in the right direction?

also I don't know much about 3d ripper and how it works (havent found any decent tutorials), I know it takes the models and textures but can it also take the animations? Say If I wanted to rip kingdom hearts or dbz tenkaichi characters will all the character's animations be included?

oh cmon that author thread is 3 yr old it's very antique and revived a yr. old. better stop hi-jacking make a new thread.
better close this asap.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(03-15-2012, 04:31 AM)tallbender Wrote: oh cmon that author thread is 3 yr old it's very antique and revived a yr. old. better stop hi-jacking make a new thread.
better close this asap.

can't, whenever I try to post a new thread I get an error saying that nothing has been typed?
I can not do this process neither with software 3dvia and 3d ripper dx I do not have video card I use an acer aspire e1-572-6638
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go