Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
4.0ghz?
Hi i reacently made a thread asking how to configure pcsx2 and at the time i got tekken tag tournament running flawlessly but my cpu was @ 3.6ghz.
now i have overclocked it further to 4.0ghz with extra cooling but i dont see any difference in performance.
why is this happening?
also i have heard gran turismo 4 requires this kind of power but mine stutters?Huh

Sponsored links

Some games / levels would need even more speed. A level that can't be reached even with overclocking.
That's just how it is with PS2 emulation. It doesn't help that computer technology advances in the "wrong"
areas for this task ever since 2006.

If your overclock didn't help FPS in Tekken, then it's most likely your graphic card that's limiting.

For GT4 I know that with 2x scaling in GSdx some scenes shoot up to 1GB of vga ram requirement.
That's way too much, I know. But there's not much we can do at this point to fix it.
It's either that or a bad slowdown in all games.
i can run all my tekken games at 1080p with no difference in speed
i am using a 9800gtx+ 512mb overclocked
i have just managed to get gt4 playable at 55fps but i have a few graphical glitches but it does run fine and no lag now.

(09-10-2010, 02:14 PM)mike655 Wrote: i can run all my tekken games at 1080p with no difference in speed
i am using a 9800gtx+ 512mb overclocked
i have just managed to get gt4 playable at 55fps but i have a few graphical glitches but it does run fine and no lag now.

it turns out i needed to update my geforce drivers to latest revision.Rolleyes
Wait... you where running the game perfectly fine at 3.6ghz? If the game was already running perfectly at 3.6ghz why do you think it would make a difference to overclock it more? Sorry, I'm just not quite sure what you're asking.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Disable Frame Limiter?
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
i got a new cpu cooler so i thought i may aswell overclock it more.
i was just wondering why there was no difference.

but now i get an almost solid 60fps in every game thanks to a heavy overclock
If the games are already running at 60fps, it won't go higher unless you disable frame limiter as frosty says, but that will cause your games to play to fast.

60 (or 50 for PAL) is really the limit. If you're already there, a heavier overclock won't net you anything except maybe help with those once in a while slowdowns that can occur in even the easier to emulate games.

Your question is kind of like asking if you got a Ferrari over a family Sedan why you don't see a speed difference when going the speed limit Wink
[Image: 2748844.png]
LOL Nice analogy, Koji.