40 FPS (During drops) in MGS3, best I can shoot for?
You know, I'm starting to have some doubts about the SVN build.

Playing ZoE with it I was getting 40 Fps, but after switching back to stable I'm at 60.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, if not, maybe when this code is optimized it'll run games a lot better on my system.

Sponsored links

Are you using speedhacks to get 60 fps in zoe? And what do you mean by switching back to stable?
0.9.8 I have them both in separate folders, and I just close one and open the other Smile

It's not 60 FPS solid. It still drops, but it's a lot higher then the one that was using 3 cores was.

I'm using the same speedhacks on both of them, just 1 of the VU cycle stealing, and all the micoVU hacks.
The first boss fight with Viola i get around 4x fps. I can do 60+ fps, but on occasions the game drops down to 4x - 5x fps and this is without using speedhacks.
MTVU can cause extra slowdown on some games, try and see if disabling it in the svn build helps you in ZoE.

As for MGS3 try setting the synchronizing mode in SPU2-X to "Async", it will still drop to those FPS but shouldn't also give you the slowdown that comes with it.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Disabling MTVU definitely helps, which is a shame, since I wanted to get that extra core in there, oh well.

And yes, I discovered the async feature very quickly Smile It's much easier to enjoy a game even with Framerate dropping as long as everyone doesn't sound like they're talking in slow-mo.