Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5970 or 480 fermi
would a 5970 or 480 fermi be a great improvement for pcsx2?
could you expect a 15-20 fps boost in most games?

im thinking about getting one as an add on too my 3.1ghz amd athlon 235e 64 dual core

but im not sure about getting it if im only going too get a 10fps boost
lol im not that crazy of a bench marker lol

long ago in a distant city, i batman defender of gotham unleashed an unspeakable order. but a foolish clown wielding a menasing laugh steped forth too opose me.

Sponsored links

No, you won't get that much fps boost with the change of video card. The major factor that influences speed is the CPU.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
Improvement against what card?

If your games are being limited by your CPU then you should be able to use higher resolutions but they'll remain the same speed.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
No you couldn't, large incresing resolution will slow dow emulation,no matter of video card.
(12-08-2010, 12:19 PM)Game Wrote: No you couldn't, large incresing resolution will slow dow emulation,no matter of video card.

Shadow Lady is right, you know. Assuming the GPU isn't a bottleneck, all a GPU upgrade would do is allow you to use higher scaling or internal D3D resolution.
(12-08-2010, 05:56 PM)ilovejedd Wrote: Shadow Lady is right, you know. Assuming the GPU isn't a bottleneck, all a GPU upgrade would do is allow you to use higher scaling or internal D3D resolution.

hmm so what if i got a computer with a 3.2ghz i7?
long ago in a distant city, i batman defender of gotham unleashed an unspeakable order. but a foolish clown wielding a menasing laugh steped forth too opose me.
Again, it depends in what's the current bottleneck for your games, if it's the CPU you won't get better speeds, if it's the GPU then you will most probably get better speeds.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(12-09-2010, 12:49 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Again, it depends in what's the current bottleneck for your games, if it's the CPU you won't get better speeds, if it's the GPU then you will most probably get better speeds.

well right now it would more than likely be my cpu thats bottle necking but im still suprised about how much frames im getiing in pcsx2 and pc games with out it being a higher clock or a triple core or quad core
*looks at 30fps in crysis with max settings and graphics mod Evil *