60 FPS Patches (FF X, FF XII, SoTC, etc)
Hi,

I'm new here and recently got into pcsx2 emulation. What got me hooked was the 60 FPS patch for KH2 Final Mix. This made me wonder: are there are more games that support this?

I realize there is something called speed hack (done through emulation settings) but with KH 2 FM I got it working properly via cheats. Any idea if there are similar 60 FPS cheats for FF X, FF XII and Shadow of the Colossus?

I couldn't find a pinned post/page and Google search turned out to be fruitless. So, if there is one please link it to me.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

Since the 60 FPS patch was on the cheats_wz.zip archive, I'm pretty sure what you're looking is in there. If there aren't, then the game you mentioned hasn't got a 60 FPS patch yet. Oh, and don't forget to download the latest GIT version too. (Questionable)
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
They only exist for the KH series right now.
(11-24-2014, 12:06 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: Since the 60 FPS patch was on the cheats_wz.zip archive, I'm pretty sure what you're looking is in there. If there aren't, then the game you mentioned hasn't got a 60 FPS patch yet. Oh, and don't forget to download the latest GIT version too. (Questionable)

Thanks for the reply. Where can I find this archive? I recall downloading it once in the past but I seem to have lost it and now have no idea where I got it from.

Thanks again!
Speedhacks help you to play a game with a certain base framerate if your system is to weak to handle it in real time. Speedhack is not what you are looking for.

You want to adjust the base framerate but only of the visual output. Game mechanics, input and sounds should stay at the old base framerate (otherwise you would just play your game in higher speed). Unfortunately the visual framerate is normally sticked to the game mechanics. To overcome this you have to disconnect those two rates. This can be done in KH2FM by overriding a certain address. This address was more or less found by bruteforce-overwriting all reasonable addresses until the goal was achieved.
If this idea(surely not the address) can be ported to other games is questionable.

To my knowledge there is no patch for those games you mentioned so far.

Additionally this is really a dirty hack where you destroy synchronization of visuals and input which will lead to problems if timing is important for the game (similar problem as async-mode for music/timing-games). For KH2 and FF-games it might not be problematic but some games require a strict synchronization to be playable.
(11-24-2014, 12:17 PM)ramok2k Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Where can I find this archive? I recall downloading it once in the past but I seem to have lost it and now have no idea where I got it from.

Thanks again!

Check my sig.
Yeah I just opened the WS patch file for Kingdom Hearts 2 in that cheats_ws.zip and enabled the 60 FPS patch line.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(11-24-2014, 12:17 PM)willkuer Wrote: Speedhacks help you to play a game with a certain base framerate if your system is to weak to handle it in real time. Speedhack is not what you are looking for.

You want to adjust the base framerate but only of the visual output. Game mechanics, input and sounds should stay at the old base framerate (otherwise you would just play your game in higher speed). Unfortunately the visual framerate is normally sticked to the game mechanics. To overcome this you have to disconnect those two rates. This can be done in KH2FM by overriding a certain address. This address was more or less found by bruteforce-overwriting all reasonable addresses until the goal was achieved.
If this idea(surely not the address) can be ported to other games is questionable.

To my knowledge there is no patch for those games you mentioned so far.

Additionally this is really a dirty hack where you destroy synchronization of visuals and input which will lead to problems if timing is important for the game (similar problem as async-mode for music/timing-games). For KH2 and FF-games it might not be problematic but some games require a strict synchronization to be playable.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'll keep that in mind.
You wouldn't need a cheat for Shadow of the Colossus because it already has unlocked fps (though vsynched I think). The problem is the performance of the original PS2. It was too weak to run the game at constant 60fps (lol, or even 30 in fights), and so is the emulated PS2 in PCSX2.

You would need a reverse speedhack (overclocking the emulated PS2), but that would raise the PC requirements a lot.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
(11-24-2014, 05:29 PM)masterotaku Wrote: You would need a reverse speedhack (overclocking the emulated PS2), but that would raise the PC requirements a lot.

Yeah, and simply overclocking the EE doesn't help SotC much.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD