Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
60 fps but sound skips/sounds scratchy?
#1
I just finished building my new computer yesterday.

GPU: XFX DD Radeon 7950
CPU: i5-3570k

I thought I'd see if it were able to handle two Ps2 games my old laptop couldn't, Xenosaga 1 and Digital Devil Saga.

They seem to run fine, I get a constant 60fps, but the sound will make weird sounds at times. I don't know how to describe it, it's a pretty distinctive sound, sounds like the audio gets mushed up together.

The lower the resolution the less noticeable it is. Native being barely notice, to x2 being much more noticeable.

Does anyone know whats going on here? Is there a setting that causes this? I thought I would be able to handle higher resolutions. Is it these two games? Dragon Quest 8 sounds fine, but my laptop could run that.

I tried 0.9.8 and r5323, with the default plugins. All settings are defaults. I tried Dx11 and Dx9.
Reply

Sponsored links

#2
Are you using time stretch option in the spu2 plugin???
Intel core i5 3210m @3.1ghz
Nvidia Geforce GT650m 2Gb DDR5 (Core:975mhz/Memory:1000mhz)Cool
8Gb DDR3 1600hmz Ram
1Tb Hdd
1600x900 Hd resolutionBiggrin
Windows 8.1 64bit
Reply
#3
Yes, that is the default. What does that mean exactly? None says it can cause the audio to skip and Async says it breaks some games.
Reply
#4
Maybe the problem was with my computer. This morning I reinstalled the graphics drivers and made sure I had all the DirectX runtimes.

Was running Xenosaga on x3 resolution and the sound was fine 90% of the time. The other 10% seemed to correspond with FPS dropping down to 48 for a second, which is a new problem.

I had CPU-Z up and noticed my CPU speed was going from 1.6GHz to 3.8GHz about the times when the fps dropped, but not always.
Reply
#5
(06-24-2012, 06:03 PM)Falcan Wrote: Maybe the problem was with my computer. This morning I reinstalled the graphics drivers and made sure I had all the DirectX runtimes.

Was running Xenosaga on x3 resolution and the sound was fine 90% of the time. The other 10% seemed to correspond with FPS dropping down to 48 for a second, which is a new problem.

I had CPU-Z up and noticed my CPU speed was going from 1.6GHz to 3.8GHz about the times when the fps dropped, but not always.

turn off eist (speedstep in bios) and the cpu should not do that anymore. Yes that is there to save power, but if I was intrested in powersaving I would not be buying a Desktop, I would get laptop. I personal hate and despise these power saving options in desktops parts and gpu's.

Anywho I run xenosaga in 1080p with FXAA on a i7 920 and 450gts all stock an get 60 fps with random drops lower usualy with certain effects and when the big robots come out. when fps drops below 50 sound get slow which some times more annoying then the framerate dropping unless it drops to 30or lower which is only when big robots come out.
Reply
#6
you should be able to get that 920 up to 3.8ghz using upper end of the stock vid tsunami2311

XS should be consistently full speed around that mark
Reply
#7
(06-25-2012, 01:25 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: you should be able to get that 920 up to 3.8ghz using upper end of the stock vid tsunami2311

XS should be consistently full speed around that mark

I am aware of that but seeing I know nothing about OCing and i not even comfortable doing so, it wont happen. in another year i will get new cpu by that time the speed wont matter much. my gpu is what is holding me back if anything
Reply
#8
So I turned on Default to Full Screen as well as V-sync and Auto V-sync.

Now my problem sound problem is gone and both games run great on x4 resolution (didn't try higher).

Before I would just maximize the pcsx2 window. What is the difference between full-screen and windowed that would cause full screen to sound better?
Reply




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)