60 fps on Dragon Quest VIII PAL version?
One more thing, PCSX2 consoles says that: with user configured refresh rate: 30,00 Hz

That means that If I go at 50 or 60 fps it will stuck on 30mhz? can I change that?

Greetings

PS: Okay, my last post was a mistake, I activated the 1/2 option, lets continue.. I activated MTVU option and seems the same for me :\

Sponsored links

(07-02-2016, 07:16 PM)khrystoff Wrote: Hi, I have PCSX2 1.40 and the Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the cursed king on PAL's version and I want to know if there is any way to reach 60 fps... is stucked at 50 and if I change the .ini file when I open the emulator the settings get restarted... can anyone help me with that?

Greetings
No. PAL games run at 50hz(the 50fps you see on the emulator) and NTSC games at 60hz(though the games themselves actually only run at 30 fps for NTSC, and 25 FPS for PAL).
I dont use hacks, all disabled... but the game doesnt seems to run smoothy, I mean, when I use the camera to look around its like 30 fps but the pcsx2 and afterburner says 50 fps stables...
i5-3330 3,4ghz, gtx 970, 8gbs ddr 1800mhz...
what do you think?
can you post screenshots of your emulator settings? there is a little camera in the bottom left corner (i think) of each page to easily save screenshots of them
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sure, here:

http://imgur.com/a/dLuyR

(Im using MTVU, but I tried enabling/disabling it, theres no difference)

One more thing, using the native upscaling it seems to be faster but I think that maybe is my mind that is going crazy and theres no differente from x2/x3 or even x6... the fps keeps on 50 on all cases, native/x3/4/6

Its especially when I move the camera which is always (or thats what I feel).

Greetings!
yeh your FPS is set to 50 for PAL games, not 60.

You need to find the line inside pcsx2_vm.ini that reads

FrameratePAL=50.00

Then change that to 60 (while the emulator is closed of course) then reopen the emulator and it should be 60. Your game will run faster than it is supposed to, be aware of that, it might be more difficult.

Alternatively, set your turbo speed to 120%, then press the "tab" key as you start the game up

Like I said i tried that and the game went faster... even the sound, not too much but I can notice it... The thing is.. is there a problem with my configuration or something? (especially the OPENGL/RENDER/HACKS) I dont know if there is some kind of internal fps that drops down but apparently, the fps stays always on 50 :\
No there is nothing wrong with your configuration, that's how it will happen. The game is designed to run at 50fps, not 60. if you run it at 60, it will speed everything up.

Yeah.. its just the feeling, it goes at 50fps but seems like it goes at 30... its kinda weird. Thats the point, I think im playing at 30 or so.
if it says it's doing 50 it probably is. If it is because the PS2 (or what would be) is struggling, you could try unticking presets at the bottom then going to the speedhacks tab and sliding the EE slider to the left one or two notches, that might make the experience smoother, it will increase cpu requirements however.