60fps but not really
try disabling intel speed step in bios............
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

I disabled speed step in bios, same problem =/
Gpu 63 and cpu 73 for temps
GPU-Z/CPU-Z?
hm? i use dragon gaming center for the temps
my laptop is only a few months old so i dont think temp would be any issue, ive played plenty of modern games likes AC4 and bioshock at max without any slowdowns.
I also dont experience this on the dolphin emulator

UPDATE: Added CPU-Z readings

Attached Files
.html   PANDAZOR.html (Size: 92,18 KB / Downloads: 600)
(10-15-2014, 12:45 AM)Ichig00 Wrote: hm? i use dragon gaming center for the temps
my laptop is only a few months old so i dont think temp would be any issue, ive played plenty of modern games likes AC4 and bioshock at max without any slowdowns.

1st, if you don't want to sound ridiculous, avoid comparing pcsx2 with native PC games. It's a complete nonsense.
2nd, if you don't want to sound REALLY ridiculous, avoid comparing emulators. It's even more a nonsense.
And 3rd, try getting your temps with coretemp.
That's what we all use here.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-15-2014, 12:45 AM)Ichig00 Wrote: hm? i use dragon gaming center for the temps

UPDATE: Added CPU-Z readings

I actually thought that you just have a look on the readings shortly before, during and shortly after you experience lags. by this one can see if one of those components changes it's clock speed.
(10-15-2014, 06:31 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 1st, if you don't want to sound ridiculous, avoid comparing pcsx2 with native PC games. It's a complete nonsense.
2nd, if you don't want to sound REALLY ridiculous, avoid comparing emulators. It's even more a nonsense.
And 3rd, try getting your temps with coretemp.
That's what we all use here.

I was just explaining that temp would be no problem at all, if my temp during morden pc games does not drop my fps.
I'm sorry i was just speculating that if my temps during modern game usage does not give me problems at all, why would it give problems to PCSX2 specifically? I apologize for such a ridiculous speculation.
Checked with coretemp and the temps seem to have no abnormal changes to it during slowdowns
(10-16-2014, 03:24 AM)Ichig00 Wrote: I was just explaining that temp would be no problem at all, if my temp during morden pc games does not drop my fps.
I'm sorry i was just speculating that if my temps during modern game usage does not give me problems at all, why would it give problems to PCSX2 specifically? I apologize for such a ridiculous speculation.
Checked with coretemp and the temps seem to have no abnormal changes to it during slowdowns

He just told you not to compare PC native games to emulations... and you did it anyway.

Simply put Emulation especial pcsx2 will work your pc far harder then 90% of all PC natives games.

PCSX2 can be used OC stability check and cause BSOD where normally PC game will not.

Other then disabling Speedstep, Coreparking, Making a profile to PCSX2 to use full power of gpu, if laptop making sure power cord is plugged in and its in max performance mode. you just gona have to deal with it pcsx2 is not perfect.

For record 73c is high imo for cpu anything and i think something is throttling i wouldnt even let my desktop cpu run that hot forget about laptop even if there ment to take more heat abuse
I'd say try running the game from a external hdd or flash drive. See if that makes a difference.
(10-16-2014, 05:36 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: He just told you not to compare PC native games to emulations... and you did it anyway.

Simply put Emulation especial pcsx2 will work your pc far harder then 90% of all PC natives games.

PCSX2 can be used OC stability check and cause BSOD where normally PC game will not.

Other then disabling Speedstep, Coreparking, Making a profile to PCSX2 to use full power of gpu, if laptop making sure power cord is plugged in and its in max performance mode. you just gona have to deal with it pcsx2 is not perfect.

For record 73c is high imo for cpu anything and i think something is throttling i wouldnt even let my desktop cpu run that hot forget about laptop even if there ment to take more heat abuse

I'm sorry i wasn't clear before but i was talking about temperature here, which was the main issue discussed at hand, and my main point. I was not comparing PC native games to pcsx2. I know its not 1000% compatible. All i'm saying is that temp is not the cuplrit because i've played pc games and the emulator dolphin at higher temps without this weird consistent slowdown every 5 seconds, which only occurs with pcsx2. Temp is definitely not the issue, as i have already 'confirmed' in one of my earlier replies with the use of the almighty coretemp program. Then again, I don't know how pcsx2 works, so clearly i'm not smart enough to even reply here. Hah sorry I just felt the need to write a retort for being accused of producing a 'ridiculous' speculation.

It's a gaming laptop at running at 3.7ghz a few hours straight, i think 73 is expected. Yeah, the best solution for me is ticking the vsync option. helped a little, though a few lags here n there. I don't really have an external HDD or flashdrive with me right now, so i'll have to stick with this.

Thank you everyone for the help!