60fps but not really
Alright, so I've been trying to fix this for a while now, ticking and unticking options here and there. All the games i play on pcsx 1.3 or 1.2 or wutever version, says 60fps and FEELS like 60fps but for only like 5 seconds then the next 5 seconds it says its 60fps but FEELS like 40fps, then the next 5 seconds its smooth 60fps then the next.... and so on. Its really bugging me. Any magical button to fix this?

Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 870m
CPU: i7-4810MQ Min 2.8ghs Max 3.8ghz
Memory: 8gb ram
Windows 8.1

Sponsored links

Well, the emulator isn't perfect, so that could be the problem for the supposedly frame drops on your games.

Another factor would be that you're using a laptop, however, it is quite powerful, so that might not be a possible problem.

To know more about this, I need more information such as what games you are using for emulation as well as the settings used during the emulation on those games. If the game isn't very resource heavy and the settings for the games are at their lowest, then it is a high possibility that it could be just the emulator or the compatibility of the games used in the emulator.

To find out whether the games have problems with the emulators, try searching for the games on the wiki then try to find some notes as to whether the games are resource heavy or have problems with the emulator.

Here is a link to the website: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Main_Page
(10-12-2014, 09:10 AM)Ichig00 Wrote: Alright, so I've been trying to fix this for a while now, ticking and unticking options here and there. All the games i play on pcsx 1.3 or 1.2 or wutever version, says 60fps and FEELS like 60fps but for only like 5 seconds then the next 5 seconds it says its 60fps but FEELS like 40fps, then the next 5 seconds its smooth 60fps then the next.... and so on. Its really bugging me. Any magical button to fix this?

Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 870m
CPU: i7-4810MQ Min 2.8ghs Max 3.8ghz
Memory: 8gb ram
Windows 8.1
I'd say you've been using some speedhacks.
they tend to fake fps counter.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Kingdom Hearts 1/2FM+, Wild arms 3/5, DMC3/ DQ8
I've tried disabling speedhacks, to no avail =/
Also putting it on native, same thing.
This is literally driving my crazy ><
are you playing from a disc or ISO?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Playing from an ISO
(10-12-2014, 09:26 AM)Ichig00 Wrote: Kingdom Hearts 1/2FM+, Wild arms 3/5, DMC3/ DQ8

Kingdom Hearts are known to have a bit of slowdown in some areas, like in the original PS2.

Wild Arms, well, I have little to no information on the game.

Devil May Cry seems to work fine, with a few drops here and there

DQ8 seems the most logical game out of all the games you listed. That game is very GPU intensive, with the game being open world as well as when scaling, the game takes more resource than before.

That's all I can say for now. If you're not using speed hacks or using native resolution, then the disc/emulator is the problem.
well for kingdom hearts, the way im rlly testing it is just on the menu where you see them walking, thats how i concluded every 2-5 seconds theres a weird slowdown >< but alright thank you very much, i guess i'll just have to deal with it ;-;
(10-12-2014, 09:26 AM)Ichig00 Wrote: Kingdom Hearts 1/2FM+, Wild arms 3/5, DMC3/ DQ8

you mean you still have 60 fps displayed in gsdx titlebar but it doesn't feel like 60 fps ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-12-2014, 10:00 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you mean you still have 60 fps displayed in gsdx titlebar but it doesn't feel like 60 fps ?

Yessir, it feels like 40-50fps, though it shows 60fps, and thats even after turning off all speedhacks.