Poll: How badly do you want a 64 bit version of PCSX2?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Strongly want
24.00%
6 24.00%
Want
16.00%
4 16.00%
Don't care
28.00%
7 28.00%
Not really
4.00%
1 4.00%
Not at all
28.00%
7 28.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

64 Bit
I asked this before Refract, but wouldn't running pcsx2 in 64-bit stop for the need for the 4 gbyte patch? or is it purely for the emulator that it can access 4+ Gbyte addresses?

Sponsored links

A 64-bit build would allow addressing >4GB of ram in the emu. But is there any instance where the 4GB patch helps that couldn't be fixed by fixing some memory leak\bug\other problem? The emu doesn't naturally get anywhere near 4GB in ram usage.
with some games (especially the ones using snowblind engine), it does.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
sure 64-bit is a longer process but it will not increase overall speed but prehaps loading time? have the game preloaded and 64 bits can access it faster so not really worth noting in actual performance maybe lighten the GPU load but thats not the lacking aspect its CPU processing(usually) as far as i know the main difference between 64 and 32 bit is the memory addressing lengths and memory capability since idk any thing about programming idk more importantly PCSX3?
(06-21-2013, 05:23 AM)ericks93Pcsx2 Wrote: sure 64-bit is a longer process but it will not increase overall speed but prehaps loading time? have the game preloaded and 64 bits can access it faster so not really worth noting in actual performance maybe lighten the GPU load but thats not the lacking aspect its CPU processing(usually) as far as i know the main difference between 64 and 32 bit is the memory addressing lengths and memory capability since idk any thing about programming idk more importantly PCSX3?

I believe work started a month or two back on adding better pre-loading of data... but it'll be completely useless running off of ISOS on a local disc however (since that'll already be leagues ahead of the PS2 DVD drive speed). It should help in loading from a real disc to prevent stuttering and when loading games from a network drive.

Your thoughts on 64-bits increasing any speed at that point is a little misplaced there unless you planned on loading the game entirely into memory (which would, in some cases, require more than 4GB) and again, wouldn't help at all since (for compatibility reasons) you'd normally be limited to the same load speeds as a real PS2.

If you want to see about how that would work, simply use a RAM disk program and put a full ISO into that.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I am by far no expert on these things but I noticed a fair increase in framerate (with framelimit disabled for testing) when using 64 bit versions of JPCSP and Dolphin. Unsure if that means anything for PCSX2 mainly because I dont have any games that are CPU limited for me.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit