64bit Loser (any help?)
Any recommenations for a good older version of Pcsx2 that's 64bit (Vista) compatible? I really wanted to play Zone of Enders 1&2, Ace Combats, maybe Okami & some of the PoP's. I know, I know they won't all/any of them work under 0.9.6.fail.2. But you gotta hope right? Bought a nice HDTV and poor ol' PS2 looks plain dreadful no matter how I hook it up.

(ePSXe works fine&dandy almost straight outta the packet. at least I finally have "Wip3out Specical Edition" looking nice I suppose)

sorry to be lazy, askin......... but I has a sore head now.

Sponsored links

Wait wha? PCSX2 works fine with 64-bit Vista, what problems are you having that appear on a 64-bit OS and not a 32-bit one?
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Um...about half the people that post in this forum use 64 bit operating systems. 64-bit operating systems usually have zero issues running 32 bit apps. Unless it's a bad write of linux or something.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(08-18-2009, 08:09 AM)CaptDom Wrote: Any recommenations for a good older version of Pcsx2 that's 64bit (Vista) compatible?

why use older version? PCSX2 is growing at a good pace, and most game is playable on latest version.
If you download the PS2 bios illegally, you are breaking the law. Courts around the world have ruled that businesses and individuals can be prosecuted for illegal downloading.
[Image: makemydaynow.jpg]

...right, after 'giving in' and using 7zip to unzip the .msi file that gets downloaded (um shouldn't it be a .7z? nevermind) the .exe that it generates causes me this problem;

"Icon._1EEFFF72773535163E4216.exe is not compatible with the version of windows you are running, check your computer's system information to see whether you need x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program and then contact the publisher"

yep. I tried both flavours of 7zip, (4.65 & the 64-bit .msi installed version) and while they at least create executables (unlike Winrar, he he, sorry) nonetheless, they don't work, both give same error message - not compatible.

that seems like a bit of a wall to me.
why do you extract the .msi? you are supposed to execute this file to install pcsx2.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
if you don't want to use an installer, grab the latest beta and plugins from here http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html

See if that helps any.
[Image: 2748844.png]
wait, are you using linux?

if not, just run the setup and clickin the next button will do most case.
If you download the PS2 bios illegally, you are breaking the law. Courts around the world have ruled that businesses and individuals can be prosecuted for illegal downloading.
[Image: makemydaynow.jpg]

# FILLER # thanks, will work these two through the permutations ...
(08-18-2009, 04:01 PM)CaptDom Wrote: ...right, after 'giving in' and using 7zip to unzip the .msi file that gets downloaded (um shouldn't it be a .7z? nevermind) the .exe that it generates causes me this problem;

"Icon._1EEFFF72773535163E4216.exe is not compatible with the version of windows you are running, check your computer's system information to see whether you need x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program and then contact the publisher"

yep. I tried both flavours of 7zip, (4.65 & the 64-bit .msi installed version) and while they at least create executables (unlike Winrar, he he, sorry) nonetheless, they don't work, both give same error message - not compatible.

that seems like a bit of a wall to me.

Yeah, don't do this. You can't 'open' .msi files in any meaningful way without some special tools, and 7zip is not one of them.

Either run the installer (the .msi) or get the Windows binary version, listed on the same page.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi