9.6 vs 9.7 latest beta
alright. I love the new 9.7, it upped my fps by 10 in almost all my games.
but i never tried 9.6 (yes i know ima noob) so is 9.7 on par or should i switch for now?

Sponsored links

Uh... what's the question? Tongue

Keep whatever works better for you, 0.9.7 is much more compatible and stable but there are some games that run better with older versions/revisions so just use whatever works better for your games.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I've gotten on average about a 2 fps increase from 0.96 to 0.97; hell it's 2 extra fps I didn't ask for!

Funny thing is, even with all those speed hacks warnings I've never encountered a problem with speed hacks at all in compatibility in games.
Dependant on the stability of the game, FFX can be completely speedhacked with no consequence whereas there will be many games that may just crash.
<REDACTED>
(11-01-2010, 09:45 AM)Fezzer Wrote: Dependant on the stability of the game, FFX can be completely speedhacked with no consequence whereas there will be many games that may just crash.

I've played maybe about 10 different games, none of them gave me any problems with speed hacks enabled.
Well Pcsx2 is more stable than it used to be, 10 consecutive speed-hackable games is more likely these days.
<REDACTED>
(11-01-2010, 10:20 AM)Fezzer Wrote: Well Pcsx2 is more stable than it used to be, 10 consecutive speed-hackable games is more likely these days.

Well to be fair, the games I have are popular; hense why I bought them and kept them safe.

I didn't buy genres out of racing, rpg or horror.

Of course, I'm going to buy new ps2 games in the future =P