A Fix for Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
(11-03-2014, 11:53 PM)Slvr99 Wrote: Well I didn't actually make the patch, that credit goes to a user named LXShadow. I just helped out with the NTSC fix.

The patch fixes the crash that the game encounters when you get to the title screen, which now makes the game playable. Previously, it would go to a black screen and not continue.

There never was a crash. Without this patch, the game works perfectly, except it does not accept input, or display the graphics. I forgot to enable it at first while i was at the menus, but once i did the blackness went away as if some black fullscreen rectangle disappeared and input picked up again, immediately becoming playable. As for this patch, the game is definitely "ingame", but i'm gonna go on a limb and say it's "playable" too, since no glitches apart from the desynced cutscenes and sometimes sound cuts seem to exist.

Sponsored links

I'm not exactly sure why it fixes the game, but my guess is that this code skips a function ran on or before the title screen to start something that PCSX2 doesn't currently know how to interpret. What function that is, I don't know yet. Maybe I'll go poking into the game later on to see if I can figure that out though.
I'm not a super-1337 PS2 hacker, so forgive me if I'm no help here, but I attempted to look into this fix. In the emulator, at the location of the patch, the previous values of the patch area are this: 2D100000
and after the patch is obviously set to the patch value, this: 01000224
Looking into the SLUS MAP file, in the address of the patch, the command that executes is "cop1x $015f6f72". This is probably not part of the fix though as it doesn't seem to be the same values or area.
In the actual SLUS file at the same location, the command is "daddu v0, zero, zero". This could be the issue. This is the place where the values are changed by the cheat. Maybe a dev could verify if this command is functioning in PCSX2?
Again, forgive me if this makes no sense, I don't code or study for the PS2 so I have no knowledge of it's inner-workings or the emulation of it.
just pm about this to gregory,rama,refraction.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
ref is never on, so he probably won't respond. Rama, Gregory, and pseudonym are your best bets
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Okay, thanks for the patch and nevermind you can't exactly tell what it patches. I just hoped you would Wink
This is a generic hackfix then. We can add it under the hope that it doesn't bypass important stuff (50 / 50 chance really).
My friend has it, so I'll see what I can find in a debug build. If anyone can upload a debug build that would be great.
Okay, I got my NTSC copy to work with this patch. Does anyone have the PAL CRC?
Blyss was kind enough to link a debug build for me. I'll see what I can find this week. I have friday off and school is pretty light, so I should have quite a bit of free time
(11-04-2014, 04:33 PM)rama Wrote: Okay, I got my NTSC copy to work with this patch. Does anyone have the PAL CRC?

0EF1D4BA