A few questions, reports and a wtf?
well, honestly I never thought that I would post in here, however I wanted to post some things
in the first thing, I'm currently playing Persona 3 FES, however, sometimes it crashes (specifically when entering Iwatodai Station, and some times in Iwatodai Strip Mall) is this an aislated event or it happens to other people? (however I managed to play this in software renderer, which takes me to the second part of the post)
second, how come that when using software renderer some times I can get better performance than using hardware renderer in both fps and quality?(well, the part about quality is more a technical question rather than support question, it can be ignored) I ended up advancing more than what I had planned using software renderer after that part above and I found out something funny; in some parts it runs better than using the hardware rendering, even gaining some fps (in this one it may be only that my video card is really sh*tty or that I can't get that DX10 mode working Dx)
the third one, but this one is only for curiosity Tongue, when using the software renderer, does it use exclusively the cpu or it uses some processing power from the gpu?
(and a plus, for those whose games are really low and have a decent cpu but somewhat of a weak graphics card, I think that is worth a shot trying it in software mode, it worked for me in Fate/Unlimited Codes giving me a boost from 7 FPS to 21 FPS, yeah, no big speed up but it made the game playable xD)

my lap specs are in the signature, the pcsx2 version that i'm using is the latest beta (ver 1329), gsdx options: dx9 rendererx (hardware and software when was explained) PS 3.0, no interlace, 512 x 512 internal res, no texture filtering, both logarithmic Z and alfa correction activated and everything else unchecked; all speed hacks are enabled. specifically talking, the VU Steal is only moved one place, and the VU cycle is 2x. when doing the test of F/UC in the second screen of software rendering the VU steal was set to max
screenies down, first is hardware, second is software

Uff, long post is long XD.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32

Sponsored links

Well the advantage of quality in Hardware mode is you can use higher resolution, in your card however this is not possible so the most compatible (can emulate the PS2 gpu more correctly) mode being software which also fixes some things that the hardware mode simply cant do (specially in Direct3D 9) can give that better quality. It is weird however how it is also faster but i guess it is possible Tongue

Persona 3 specially doesnt do great on DX9 as it has many glitches like the missing geometry in carpets and stuff but in DX10 it looks just great

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Unfortunatelly that gamefix doesnt help the DX9 problems, at least not for me Tongue
1. no idea, don't have the game.
2. well, if the software mode is even faster than hardware in some scenes, then you are extremly limited by your gpu Laugh
3. yes, software mode uses only your cpu.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Get a real gpu man and dont use an onboard gpu especcially coming from intel gpu. You try to play games with pcsx2 emulation in the laptop, that much problem unless your lappy is great one.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
I know xd, but my budget was really tight with this one, so I can't give myself the luxury of changing the lap and I don't think that I can change the gpu (I really doubt it, its an acer aspire 5735z) , however at least is playable with the emu, so it will hold for now
My Laptop:
They're faster in software probably because your vram is shared memory from the ram, and integrated video cards are really poor performance wise. If you had a better videocard, it would be the complete opossite, yet, your cpu isn't great either at that speed (and you shouldn't overclock since it's a laptop, so we can't count that Tongue2).
(06-17-2009, 04:13 PM)marche1990 Wrote: I know xd, but my budget was really tight with this one, so I can't give myself the luxury of changing the lap...

Well, that means you simply won't have the luxury of fullspeed / high quality ps2 emulation.
And yeah, it's the graphic card. Nothing runs well on an intel onboard chip Tongue2
(06-19-2009, 01:59 PM)rama Wrote: Nothing runs well on an intel onboard chip Tongue2
at least my games run well on my intel onboard chip Tongue
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
hum... a question luis, do you have XP or vista, and if you have vista, are you able to use DX10 with the chip? my computer crashes when using it but supposedly it has the capacity, and seeing is almost the same gpu...
My Laptop: