A issue...
Now that I really want to try PS2 Emulator and I don't have a PS2 console, I want to TRY it first so I know if i'll be buying it or not. So why do I need PS2 Console for that "BIOS" thing?

Sponsored links

(04-23-2015, 09:02 AM)BloxxingBlocks Wrote: Now that I really want to try PS2 Emulator and I don't have a PS2 console, I want to TRY it first so I know if i'll be buying it or not. So why do I need PS2 Console for that "BIOS" thing?

The real ps2 won't function without a bios so the emulator for running a ps2 on your pc won't function without a bios.
You have to buy a ps2 to play your games on pc. It's illegal to play with pcsx2 without owning the bios from your *own* ps2.
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

Why do you want to play PCSX2 in the first place when you don't have a PS2?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(04-23-2015, 09:02 AM)BloxxingBlocks Wrote: Now that I really want to try PS2 Emulator and I don't have a PS2 console, I want to TRY it first so I know if i'll be buying it or not. So why do I need PS2 Console for that "BIOS" thing?
Because the ps2 BIOS is copyrighted by Sony.
Therefore, you need to buy a licence to use it.
Since they sell it only embedded in their ps2, you have to buy a ps2.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

if your interest is on the emulation process then, you can swing by the source code and fork it and ....... Never mind Tongue2 ( close call)

It would be best if, you actually get the console in the first place and dump it's bios. Tutorial.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

1. You need a legally-extracted BIOS for the emulator to even play games.
2. PS2s aren't expensive; here you could prolly find them for ~$20-35 bucks.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
(04-23-2015, 01:52 PM)ssakash Wrote: if your interest is on the emulation process then, you can swing by the source code and fork it and ....... Never mind Tongue2 ( close call)

It would be best if, you actually get the console in the first place and dump it's bios. Tutorial.

Just an FYI when I first tried to get PCSX2 working I attempted that tutorial and it does not work. Some of the required files are missing and the instructions don't seem to work as well as needing extra hardware like a LAN adapter.

IMO this is the best tutorial out there for getting custom code on your PS2 and the only one that doesn't require extra hardware that I could find.
http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/swap.php