A (likely) common question
So, I've been using PCSX2 for a while, and it's been great. Thing is, I've only really used it to play Mana Khemia 2, so I do not have much experience using it for other games. I know Digital Devil Saga 1 doesn't run too well, and Shadow Hearts 3 runs at a playable speed of 40 fps (at worst, so far). There's this one game (or set of games) that I really want to play on it, and am wondering if they will play well (I've heard others have a bit of an issue getting them to work, but that info is a bit out-dated).

Here are my specs, first:

Processor: AMD Athlon II 2.77 ghz (not OC)
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4650
RAM: 3 gigs
Motherboard: AMD brand (I think), but not sure on specifics. Sorry.
The computer brand is a Compaq Presario.

I'm using the latest SVN of PCSX2, with the latest plugins. The series I want to play is the Super Robot Wars series of games, specifically MX. What can I expect of it? Will it run at playable speeds (don't see why not). Are there any compatibility errors that would require tweaking? Sorry for the bother. And thanks in advance.

Also, would Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix be playable? A guy I know has recommended it, and I would like to play it if possible.

Sponsored links

Also, I can attest to Mana Khemia 2 (USA) being completely playable from start to finish (with only insignificant graphical glitches). Would it be possible to add that to the compatibility section?
Mana Khemia 1/2, Disgaea 1/2 and a few other "3D"(really 2D) games run really fast even with low-end PCs (one like yours). Don't expect 3D games to run above 20FPS on your PC (some even as low as 5-10FPS).
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
Well, Shadow Hearts 3 (A 3d game) runs at 40 FPS. I mean, my processor is a dual core, and is in the "runs good" section of the "Will PCSX2run fast on my computer" thread. I know my processor isn't "good", but it gets the job done.
That PC isn't so bad that any 3D games won't exceed 20fps. It may be on the lower side of mid-ranged, but it's definitely not low-end for PCSX2. Smile
My AMD Athlon 64 x2 2.6Ghz used to get 15-20fps w/ 3D games, guess I have the IGP to blame.
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
Well, I don't mind how low the FPS goes, so long as it's playable, really.

@Frosty: Sounds like you had a pretty bad one, I suppose. Then again, I haven't tried many 3D games. Shadow Hearts 3 might be an exception. I typically get near max when playing it, and it seems to only dip down to 40 when I'm in crowded areas. Although, I've only gotten into the first half hour of playing, as I was just seeing if it worked.

@Rezard: Sounds good. I sure hope I can play a few more kinds of games on it.