A little help in config please
Hey all, could really use some help tweaking my settings please. Also thank you to the devs of this program. TBH Im burnt out after 3+ hours reading & dealing with this so just hoping someone could help me out.

Just signed up after several hours of downloads & reading & etc etc finaly got a working version of pcsx2 running. Tried playing Front Mission 4, starts off at 60 fps+ then opening cgi starts, fps 20 or less very choppy & distorted, also frames are running slowly and sound is slow mo too.

My specs:

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Physical RAM = 3582 MB
CPU name = Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.00GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 2.992 ghz (2 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0000649d
x86EFlags = 20100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3

Also my video card is Nvidia 8800 GT

PCSX2 1.0.0.r5350 - compiled on Aug 1 2012

I dont have a clue where to begin with config to set up for optimal performance. From what Ive read seems my cpu ram & video card should be ok for a lot of games. Can anyone help me get this set up please.

Sponsored links

What are your GSDX settings?

Also your CPU is very slow (Pentium 4 based CPU's are), you might be able to gain some speed by overclocking it as much as you can, but it won't work miracles.

Have you also tried playing with the speedhacks to see if anything helps?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-30-2013, 04:57 PM)refraction Wrote: What are your GSDX settings?

Also your CPU is very slow (Pentium 4 based CPU's are), you might be able to gain some speed by overclocking it as much as you can, but it won't work miracles.

Have you also tried playing with the speedhacks to see if anything helps?

Hi there, thanks for the response.

very slow??? lol. I thought 3.0 ghz dual core was still pretty decent by todays standards...also i read a few articles stating 3.0-3.2 is about average in terms of handling a lot of ps2 roms. Is this not the case?

I wouldnt even know how to begin overclocking my cpu or my video card for that matter lol. Ive read bout OC but never tried to do it for fear of burning the units up.

And ive read a lil bout speedhacks but wanted to try to get my main pcsx2 settings as perfect for my machine as I can first, & then go form there with other adjs after. Seems to me the best thing to do is get best settings for what my pc can handle first? aka get a good solid base going first & go from there, or not?

And about my gsdx settings is there an easy way to copy paste that info? Also I see 2 separate settings pages for gsdx, which one will help?
[attachment=44035]

?
I never try that game but i think it will run good when u enable speed hacks....ee to 0 and vu to 2 may be help when they not help roll it back to 0...and use clamping mode to none..

I never try that game but i think it will run good when u enable speed hacks....ee to 0 and vu to 2 may be help when they not help roll it back to 0...and use clamping mode to none..
(04-30-2013, 05:07 PM)tsp4u Wrote: Hi there, thanks for the response.

very slow??? lol. I thought 3.0 ghz dual core was still pretty decent by todays standards...also i read a few articles stating 3.0-3.2 is about average in terms of handling a lot of ps2 roms. Is this not the case?

I wouldnt even know how to begin overclocking my cpu or my video card for that matter lol. Ive read bout OC but never tried to do it for fear of burning the units up.

And ive read a lil bout speedhacks but wanted to try to get my main pcsx2 settings as perfect for my machine as I can first, & then go form there with other adjs after. Seems to me the best thing to do is get best settings for what my pc can handle first? aka get a good solid base going first & go from there, or not?

And about my gsdx settings is there an easy way to copy paste that info? Also I see 2 separate settings pages for gsdx, which one will help?

first of all a Pentium D is very old Architecture which is unfortunately quite old and weak by today's standers Sad

to get GSDX settings got Config < Video < Plugin settings
(04-30-2013, 05:14 PM)Yash the gamer Wrote: I never try that game but i think it will run good when u enable speed hacks....ee to 0 and vu to 2 may be help when they not help roll it back to 0...and use clamping mode to none..

Ill try messing with the speedhack settings while I await further help here. Ill keep checking back frequently. Im just thinking itd be best to get the main settings tweaked first to get possible best performance. Thats what im hoping for to start with. Is that not right?
And yes also try native resolution and unticked 8bit textures
(04-30-2013, 05:15 PM)The Old Refuge Wrote: first of all a Pentium D is very old Architecture which is unfortunately quite old and weak by today's standers Sad

to get GSDX settings got Config < Video < Plugin settings

renderer: direct 3d9 (hardware)
interlacing (f5) Auto
original ps2 resolution - native box is checked
enable shade boost - box is blank
texture filtering - half filled in box
logarithmic z - box is checked
allow 8 bit textures - box is blank
Alpha correction(FBA) - box is checked
enable HW hacks - box is blank
extra rendering threads - 0
edge anti aliasing(AA1) - box is blank
No hope for racing games, even mine cpu quad at 3.6Ghz games play slow like hell.
Only cpu above 4Ghz at dual can play some racing games. Better play in your real ps2 console dude. Forget your emu until you get better cpu Wink