A little support?
ok i got just about everything working but i have a small issue, when i try to play any game on start up it lags, when it goes to the ps screen it takes for ever to load up, it skips lags blurs then when it goes to the game the game movies don't load, i can get by all that and get into the game, when i go to play the game in the menu i will have 40-60 fps i go to play free ride and my fps plummets to 4-8fps.

also the sound is choppy laggy not sure whats up with this, really i'll play with no sound as long as i can get smooth game play.

The game is midnight club, i have it on disk and run it from the disk.

my pc specs are:

xp 32bit pro sp3
ati 3450 hd - i can play crysis just fine
intell pent 4 3.0ghz single core
2 gb ram
160gb hd

Sponsored links

(05-07-2009, 05:01 PM)Savage88 Wrote: ok i got just about everything working but i have a small issue, when i try to play any game on start up it lags, when it goes to the ps screen it takes for ever to load up, it skips lags blurs then when it goes to the game the game movies don't load, i can get by all that and get into the game, when i go to play the game in the menu i will have 40-60 fps i go to play free ride and my fps plummets to 4-8fps.

also the sound is choppy laggy not sure whats up with this, really i'll play with no sound as long as i can get smooth game play.

The game is midnight club, i have it on disk and run it from the disk.

my pc specs are:

xp 32bit pro sp3
intell pent 4 3.0ghz single core
2 gb ram
160gb hd
I think it's the cpu -- they recomend dual core but also it may be the compatibility with game. Hope that helped
[/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=x-small]
CPU: 3ghz Intel Petium 4 HT
RAM: 2GB DDR400 Kingston (dual channel) + 18 GB virtual (eboostr)
Graphics: AGP Saphire Radeon HD3850 512 MB

Quote:my pc specs are:

xp 32bit pro sp3

Irrelevant. Pcsx2 uses video acceleration in unique, creative ways that your video card didn't really intend. Furthermore, Gsdx (and emus in general) run very poorly on the ATI HD 3400 series in particular, and most ATIs in general. This is because of the amount of dynamic texture uploading needed, something most native apps like Crysis can easily avoid but Pcsx2 must rely upon, and happens to be something that ATIs are slow at doing. Bottom line: your video card is also a pretty substantial bottleneck for many PS2 games, especially since you have a single core CPU.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team