A new Shadow of the colossus Trick.
For everyone who has had tons of trouble getting shadow of the colossus to run smoothly, give this a shot. Go to Emulation settings, Speedhacks, and set your ee cyclerate to 1, and your vu cycle stealing rate to 1. Then, go to the GS tab, and under PAL framerate, change the PAL Framerate limiter to 100.0 instead of 50.0, and proceed to run the game normally in the PAL mode.

For me, it still runs slightly slow inside the main temple, but everywhere else it runs perfectly for me, let me know if anyone else has luck with this method, i dont know if it works for anything else, this is the only game i use the emulator for so far.

Sponsored links

nice "trick"... but the netslums don't know about your PC specs and stuff. you might be running on "better" hardware. so... this might work for you... but PCSX2 is still highly CPU and timing dependant. so... this not a general fix for the game. Wink
(02-13-2011, 04:59 AM)haxor Wrote: nice "trick"... but the netslums don't know about your PC specs and stuff. you might be running on "better" hardware. so... this might work for you... but PCSX2 is still highly CPU and timing dependant. so... this not a general fix for the game. Wink

Yeah, i am using a phenom 965 at 4ghz, but its still a trick that i have not seen mentioned anywhere else, and i struggled to get SOTC to run at a decent speed before i figured it out, so i thought i should share.
I prefer to simply set "VU cycle stealing" to moderate, runs much more constant like that for me Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64