A problem...
Ok, as you might have noticed in the title, I have an errors trying to get PCSX2 to work properly. When I try using the Beta version, Windows Vista's Data Execution Prevention stops it immediately, and while I have tried to disable it completely, it still stops it. I have tried adding PCSX2 to the list of exceptions but it just says that PCSX2 must be monitored by DEP or something.

The above has been sorted. My problem now is, the ISO isn't recognized as in PS2 format. It is a Dark Cloud 1 (PS2, obviously) ISO, not mounted with a program.

"Please insert a Playstation, or Playstation 2 format disk"

Should I burn the ISO to a CD and THEN try again?

Do I need to convert the ISO into an ELF?

I have been trying to get this to work for a while.

Also, this seems to happen with CDs that worked in 0.9.6.

Sponsored links

Quote:Should I burn the ISO to a CD and THEN try again?

Just use your original DVD.
tried right-click ->run as admin on pcsx2 as stated in the FAQ ?
and don't mount your iso. Just run it directly via pcsx2.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-17-2010, 12:15 AM)unfoorgiven Wrote: Should I burn the ISO to a CD and THEN try again?

where did you get that game btw??

Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
plz tallbender, no witch hunt...
A while (long time ago), I bought the game from a shop close to where I live, only to see that doesn't work. I tried making an ISO out of the CD, same result. I asked my friend for his CD, so he gave me his CD and THAT didn't work, so later on I tried making an ISO out of his CD and same result. I'll admit, I also downloaded it from a torrent after all else had failed. But, same results.

When I downloaded it from the torrent I got a .MDF and a .MDS file, and I made the MDF into an ISO. The two CD's I immediately turned into ISOs.
Quote:I also downloaded it from a torrent

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.