A question about FFXII.
Thanks saiki! My CPU supports SSE4.1, but i'm going to copy your settings anyways and play the gama! If with a 2.2 and 8400gs you get around 30fps, then maybe I can get a bit more (or the same, whatever, an rpg it's not like a shooter where you need full speed to enjoy). I'll check it and post some stuff! thanks!!
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7

Sponsored links

(04-13-2009, 09:31 PM)dotHack Wrote: Thanks saiki! My CPU supports SSE4.1, but i'm going to copy your settings anyways and play the gama! If with a 2.2 and 8400gs you get around 30fps, then maybe I can get a bit more (or the same, whatever, an rpg it's not like a shooter where you need full speed to enjoy). I'll check it and post some stuff! thanks!!
no problem, if I can make a 4.1 ini I will for you, but my cpu doesn't support it

see if this works:

Attached Files
.zip   GSdx-sse4.zip (Size: 301 bytes / Downloads: 161)
(04-13-2009, 09:14 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(04-13-2009, 09:12 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote:
(04-13-2009, 12:31 PM)Air Wrote: FFXII is one of the few games which is not cpu-limited. It never has been. It's gpu-limited, and since you have a 260 under the hood, you'd be good to go even with a high-end P4. Seriously, FFXII can get pretty good fps on most CPUs if you've got a mammoth gpu to partner with it.

So yeah, the cpu requirement spec on FFXII is misleading. It needs a powerful GPU, but not a powerful CPU so much.
Interesting. Why is this game not CPU limited like almost all other games?
most RPGs aren't

edit: most RPGs load when they need and sit with that info, just listn to your PS2, it whirls for a bit, then stops and runs while the dvd "sleeps" then it loads again when it needs it.

Huh, imagine that. I guess that's just something I never paid attention to. Too busy killing pixels on my screen, you know!Tongue
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(04-13-2009, 09:36 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote:
(04-13-2009, 09:14 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(04-13-2009, 09:12 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote:
(04-13-2009, 12:31 PM)Air Wrote: FFXII is one of the few games which is not cpu-limited. It never has been. It's gpu-limited, and since you have a 260 under the hood, you'd be good to go even with a high-end P4. Seriously, FFXII can get pretty good fps on most CPUs if you've got a mammoth gpu to partner with it.

So yeah, the cpu requirement spec on FFXII is misleading. It needs a powerful GPU, but not a powerful CPU so much.
Interesting. Why is this game not CPU limited like almost all other games?
most RPGs aren't

edit: most RPGs load when they need and sit with that info, just listn to your PS2, it whirls for a bit, then stops and runs while the dvd "sleeps" then it loads again when it needs it.

Huh, imagine that. I guess that's just something I never paid attention to. Too busy killing pixels on my screen, you know!Tongue

whell.. when it's loud you can't help but notice it
OMG! thanks saiki! I am 45-60 in rabanastre! 45 only when there's far away views (like an alley and you can see the end and there are people or trees or plants or something). The game actually plays very close to 60fps when i was fighting against the "rats" in the dungeon. I get close to 60fps now almost everywhere (except of course on ingame cutscenes, these are slow as hell but i think there's not much i can do on that based on what i've read). FMV are full speed, in game varies from 45-60 in rabanastre and in game cutscenes varies as much as 18fps to even close to 60 sometimes. Quite unstable.

I am not using any cycle speedhack (i don't like FMV with bad sound timings) but I am using INTC and IOP speedhacks. On top of that I'm not playing at my native resolution but not in native neither. I am at 720x720 using texture filtering. I have found not much difference lowering to native res and disabling texture filtering, except with native I get more stable fps (like 50-60 instead of 45-60). I would like to record a video showcasing this but I don't know how. With ZeroGS I know there's a way but I don't use it too much. Gonna play around to check how to record it.

Thanks a lot pal! I checked your res, but I played a bit with configs too and I am fine at 720x720 iternal res =]
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7
(04-13-2009, 10:26 PM)dotHack Wrote: OMG! thanks saiki! I am 45-60 in rabanastre! 45 only when there's far away views (like an alley and you can see the end and there are people or trees or plants or something). The game actually plays very close to 60fps when i was fighting against the "rats" in the dungeon. I get close to 60fps now almost everywhere (except of course on ingame cutscenes, these are slow as hell but i think there's not much i can do on that based on what i've read). FMV are full speed, in game varies from 45-60 in rabanastre and in game cutscenes varies as much as 18fps to even close to 60 sometimes. Quite unstable.

I am not using any cycle speedhack (i don't like FMV with bad sound timings) but I am using INTC and IOP speedhacks. On top of that I'm not playing at my native resolution but not in native neither. I am at 720x720 using texture filtering. I have found not much difference lowering to native res and disabling texture filtering, except with native I get more stable fps (like 50-60 instead of 45-60). I would like to record a video showcasing this but I don't know how. With ZeroGS I know there's a way but I don't use it too much. Gonna play around to check how to record it.

Thanks a lot pal! I checked your res, but I played a bit with configs too and I am fine at 720x720 iternal res =]
I use ee1.5, seems to sync ok with cgi (and they run better) my gfx card is an 8400, so the gfx are rather crush limited and I thought native was 512x480 or something, you're running higher?
Yes I am. I am running at 720 x 720. I see a lot of difference between ps2 native and 1280x800 (my screen native) on FPS, but between ps2 native and 720 x 720 the difference is so little -almost unnoticeable- that I preffer to play with the better resolution. And even with texture filter on, because there isn't any difference turning it on or off.

My system is a laptop, 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, and my videocard is an 8400 mobile GT. I think i get higher fps because yours is a GS, and GS has 64bit bus while GT has 128bit bus. Also mine is GDDR3, I don't know about yours. But mine is mobile so it isn't that great neither. I don't know, but I didn't even wanted to play the game thinking it was unplayable, but thanks to you pal I can play it very very well! Here, some screenshots. This is still without the cycle hack, I'm gonna try the 1.5 to see if it does something. Anyways I am pretty excited because I can play it:

Standing at the beggining (60 a bit unstable +-3 fps)

[Image: ff121.jpg]
[Image: w850.png]

Running:

[Image: ff123.jpg]
[Image: w848.png]

The slowest place of rabanastre so far for me:

[Image: ff124.jpg]
[Image: w849.png]
I think the GS is GDDR2. my cpu is also a cheaper on compaired to yours, but nice pics I must say lol
I just checked out at 1280x800 now and standing like in the first picture I get 47fps (versus 60 fps at 720 x 720 and ps2 native, that's why i don't play at native, there's almost no difference). Runing in the place of the third picture I get around 40fps. Overall i can't hit 50fps at 1280x800, bear in mind this was a quick test and this is only rabanastre w/o any fight. But at 720 x 720 I think the game will be entirely playable at 45-60 excluding cutscenes. I am really happy. Starting tomorrow this game. Many hours of play to come =P if it wasn't for you posting your FPS i would have never tried again this game (unless a new version of pcsx or the plugins =P).
Mmm... the processor is almost the same. Yours is 2.2, mine is 2.4. If you're not on a laptop, then you can overclock to 2.4 like mine without even touching your cooling system =] i think the video card makes a difference here. If yours is GDDR2 and 64 bit then that it's probably making your game a bit slower than mine, since from what i've read this game rellies more on your videocard... but anyways. Thanks a lot!
well, even on the next to latest rev (961). I don't get any increases. and it speeds up after you can get out of rabanastre, I'm at mt. burmista (about 1/2 through the game)