A question about internal res and correct upscaling...
hi

im trying here to find a correct internal res to run games.
ive tried with correct submultiples of my monitor res but the upscaling seem to affect anyway the rendering.
not talking about 2d stuff, course, but 3d one.
it seems that internal render tend to "invent" a line to compensate the not exact internal val im giving to the emulator.

do i have to force res multiples to the real ps2 emulation?
can i use whatever x/y ratio i want or i always have to stick to 4:3?

tnxSmile

Sponsored links

When you load a game, the game will show it's internal resolution. Normally you want to use a multiple of that number for the game you're running.

I often times don't and don't have any problems, prefering to keep correct aspect ratio... it's really your preference on that though as both have their own advantages and disadvantages.
[Image: 2748844.png]
mmm, means if id like to run properly GT4 NTSC (in 480p, of course), i should go for a 640*480*whatever_multiplier_i_want?
If you want a game to run properly, you use a multiple of what the game SAYS it's running at. Look at the title bar when you run a game, it should say something like "512x448" or "640x511". You take that number (which varies from game to game) and use a multiplier of that if you want it to be as accurate as possible.

IE 512x448 would be 1024x 896 or 640x511 would be 1280x1022 on a 2x multiplier.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Although doing that helps in only a few cases. Usually the bugs caused by upscaling cannot be avoided. The new offset (ini only for now) option on GSdx tends to fix loads of those Smile
More info: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=1650
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-21-2009, 01:49 AM)Bositman Wrote: Although doing that helps in only a few cases. Usually the bugs caused by upscaling cannot be avoided. The new offset (ini only for now) option on GSdx tends to fix loads of those Smile
More info: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=1650

interesting Smile

but what kind of numbers should i go for?
simply choose basing them on the garbage rows the gs seem to render?
It seems like it's sort of a "guess and hope it works" kind of deal.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Yeah there was a hint for Tales of Abyss in the comments for that addition but other then that it's just kinda guess and check.
Depends also of your resolution anyway, trial and error I guess Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Yeah I noticed that plus here is also a place where multiples of the native res is a good idea as when you are not using it you can get a weird offset you can't quite fix.