A question about software versus hardware mode.
(04-22-2017, 03:55 AM)dogen Wrote: It'll slow down before it heats up too much.

I guess if you don't mind me asking which is safer hardware or software?
Unless both of them are okay to run.

Sponsored links

they're both fine
#StopRNG
(04-22-2017, 04:37 AM)dogen Wrote: they're both fine

Why are there different modes, is it just how the emulator renders it, or does it actually have something to do with software?
(04-22-2017, 04:39 AM)kamenriderfire Wrote: Why are there different modes, is it just how the emulator renders it, or does it actually have something to do with software?

They're there to give you a choice between slower and accurate(software), and faster and potentially less accurate (hardware).
#StopRNG
(04-22-2017, 05:28 AM)dogen Wrote: They're there to give you a choice between slower and accurate(software), and faster and potentially less accurate (hardware).

So would you say software is better than hardware then?
(04-22-2017, 05:36 AM)kamenriderfire Wrote: So would you say software is better than hardware then?

Go with hardware unless the game really needs it.
#StopRNG
(04-22-2017, 05:39 AM)dogen Wrote: Go with hardware unless the game really needs it.

I looked up compatibility and it says it does need software, what do you think the risk could be using software on my processor. As I said it was very very expensive so I don't want to break it playing an old PS2 game.
kamenriderfire, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you're just trolling. You've gotten tons of answers to your questions. You can experiment with both with your different games & see what works best for you. Obviously Hardware is the better choice as it makes the games look better. But some graphic issues can only be fixed in software mode. Everything else is up to you
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(04-22-2017, 06:24 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: kamenriderfire, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you're just trolling.  You've gotten tons of answers to your questions.  You can experiment with both with your different games & see what works best for you.  Obviously Hardware is the better choice as it makes the games look better.  But some graphic issues can only be fixed in software mode.  Everything else is up to you

No, I'm not trolling I understand graphics options are up to me. I'm afraid of running it in software as I don't want to hurt my processor. Because from this configuration guide I read it said that it doesn't use your graphics card at old to render your games just your processor. And I heard from other people while trying to look this up if they use this mode it could burn out their processor and destroy it. So I am wondering if that was truth or fiction. I'm not asking about graphics at this point I asking about is this program powerful enough to destroy my processor.I don't know I'm not a techie person. I'm just using this program because over the last two days I found out my old PS2 has basically destroyed its disk laser. I'm not into emulation normally, but I'm not paying $120 at Gamestop to get an old PS2. I just want to play some of my old games so I'm trying this whole emulator thing but I know nothing really about the tech that's going inside of it.

And I don't want to destroy something I just paid $400 for unintentionally.

So I know I need to run it in software, but as I said I've heard from people that doing that and putting such a load on your processor can destroy it. Is this just fiction? That's all I'm asking for people who have more knowledge in this stuff than me.
Trust me, you're NOT going to do any damage to your processor, or other hardware, by running software mode. If there was any risk, people would let you know, and the devs would make sure there was a big warning before using it
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM