A request from an underdeveloped guy.
Hi all, and thanks in advance for answering.

Here´s the thing. I am a a newly graduated informatic engineer who broke his butt aout to get his career so when i got graduated my university gave me a Haier Laptop. It´s not that bad, but i have really low fps in most PS2 games.
Could you please help me in the configurations?

Here are my Laptop specs:

Haier Laptop H53 series.
Intel® Core™ Duo CPU T2350 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs) (Supports MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3)
Corsair DDR2 1GB Ram
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Ati Radeon Xpress 200M Series 128MB 400 MHz (Pixel Shader 2)
Realtek HD Audio Output
HDD: Not important.

One thing. I live in an underdeveloped country and my parents are just workers so i cant afford a better computer. I was born to be poor i guess Sad. I am trying to play Final Fantasy XII since i am a huge fan of the FF series, so far i've played all of the previous games, except PS2 FFs. Please, what do you suggest, besides the obvious "get a better computer" comment.

Sponsored links

play on the ps2

with that laptop you wont get anything good from it , "MAYBE" playing 2d games , and its maybe

the emu needs a decent pc ( should had been decent in capitals )
CPU - [PHENOM 9950 BE 3.0 GHZ | GFX - [Evga 260GTX]
OS - [Vista 64 Business] | RAM - [4GB Gskill 1066Mhz]
Best advice is to use your ps2, your laptop will not get good framerates.
q6600 OC @ 3.3Ghz, 4gb ddr2 ram, nvidia gtx 260, 2x 1 tb hard disk
Thank you all for replying. Laugh

Your answers leads me to another problem. I am playing borrowed games, 'cause i dont have a PS2 neither. A friend of mine who had a PS2 and lots of RPG games lend me those games. So i think i should work for about.... 7 to 9 years to buy a decent computer to run those games. Since a PC whith at least your requirements in my country is worth a good US$1500, and my payment is only US$30 a month Ohmy, so you do the math. That's why i was asking for solutions, or at least suggestions to get 30 fps ingame.

Thanks again. And please if you find out anything i could do, it will be VERY WELCOME (sorry for the capitals, i know it's against the rules, but i am expressing lots of thanksfullness here).

So long.
Me
2 things.

Firstly, you could build a cheaper pc, $1500 is a PC to get pretty much full speed in all games, if you built something similar to your laptop but with a decent graphics card (i think this is your downfall here) it should run reasonably well.
Secondly you cant legally use the emulator if you do not own a PS2 of your own, "borrowing" the bios or downloading it is completely illegal and we will not tollerate it here.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sorry if i miss expressed myself.

I didn't borrowed the bios, i got it from a broken PS2 that i bought from a friend, and the games weren't downloaded, they were original games that we bought. I know it is important not to contribute with piracy.
how did you rip a bios from a broken ps2? im interested to know.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-08-2009, 11:29 PM)refraction Wrote: how did you rip a bios from a broken ps2? im interested to know.

Hehe, the lens didn't work (I had a HDD + HDD Loader + Network Adapter), plus the video worked for about 20 minutes, then it went off, i guess someone told me that the board had some cracks and when it got warmed up the metal contacts tended to dilatate and to get separated, no fixable problem, but still 20 min were more than enough to get my bios file.

Sorry, i know you are trying to keep the forum free from piracy but i dont see how your questions helps my problem, i appreciate your work and keep it up. And sorry for my english too, i am actually a spanish native speaking guy.Tongue
quizás puedes usar algunos "speed hacks". (config->speed hacks) Tongue

translation: maybe you can try some speed hacks. Tongue
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Gracias por responder en español. He tratado algunos pero no me funciona mucho, de todas formas seguiré intentando.

Traducción: Thanks for answering in spanish. I've tried some of them but there is not much progress, anyways i'll keep trying.